Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biz CC With No PG?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Biz CC With No PG?

I went to my state site. Printed out the articles for incorporation sent a $100 check to the state with the paper and was incorportated as LLC in a matter of days.

You can do it yourself cheaper.
Message 51 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just talked to the sec. of state...could not be nicer!

all i have to do is go online....fill out the form...pay $300 bucks and i will get my incorp. papers right then.....pretty cool!

they even have a number you can call that will walk you through it!

if i incorp......this is going to change a lot of things in terms of how we handle filing for taxes and stuff huh? but it's best to be incorporated huh?
Message 52 of 68
Nectarine
Contributor

Staples 

I just got off the phone with Staples and like Harpo they said No PG, No Card.  Hopefully they're wrong though. 

Incorporation:

I think it depends on what the needs of your specific business and industry are.  I'm Sole Prop, and may wind up staying that way until I get actual employees.  I'm in web design and work from home, so my personal liability is very small compared to companies like coffee shops (high) and law firms (super high).

I'm no lawyer, but (independent of everything else) if you have employees or need biz insurance or have an office where you meet clients then you should be incorporated.  Because at that point your potential liability goes way up.

If you're going to have a large amount of credit available, I would also incorporate because many things can happen.  But then again I'm a worrywort.  Smiley Very Happy  Since you're already in-process on incorporating, I will say that it is a smart move for many companies!

Message 53 of 68
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

ADD ON'S

Grainger- www.grainger.com  no pg really easy to get 1000 cl just need 2 referances ein number

Superfleet- www.superfleet.com  no pg here just a few referances ( fuel card) ein number

2wheel
Message 54 of 68
sheshoots

Same thing happened to me just now with Staples. I applied online and was told to call in with report code #26.  They said I either had to provide a PG or send in the following for the business:

1. balance sheet;

2. income statement; and

3. certification of same by auditor or CPA.

Oh well. Guess I'll try elsewhere.

Message 55 of 68
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@sheshoots wrote:

Same thing happened to me just now with Staples. I applied online and was told to call in with report code #26.  They said I either had to provide a PG or send in the following for the business:

1. balance sheet;

2. income statement; and

3. certification of same by auditor or CPA.

Oh well. Guess I'll try elsewhere.

Same here. I am guessing they are tightening up standards. She did say you can apply again in 30 days. I tried for the revolving account; I shall try for the Net 30 next.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 56 of 68
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Staples has tighten up a little Your going to need a paydex score to get in with them. I was just awarded a 1000CLI from them not 2 months ago When I was talking to the rep she kinda hinted to me that they were not ( giving away) credit no more. They are looking at duns files more closely now.
2wheel
Message 57 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not apply to Staples unless I have some vendor credit (Net 30 or 10 ) accounts. The best method I found best is to FAX them the application along with some of the bills from one or two of the vendors. Especially if these vendors still have not showed up on your Duns report. If you have an office location also fax them the lease.  Business phone line - fax them the bill. Pen mark your business address and name on these bills. Even a business license if you have one. In my opinion what this does is adds credibility to your business and shows the 'underwriter' all your docs upfront. Either way practically speaking that is what I have found the best way.

Message 58 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way I just realized that these posts are real old. Well anyway I hope to get some discussion going cause I think biz credit is still alive.

Message 59 of 68
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By the way I just realized that these posts are real old. Well anyway I hope to get some discussion going cause I think biz credit is still alive.

Welcome to the forum, Aiman!

Business credit is still alive, but with a whole lot of added docs.

One of the past problems was that some folks abused credit lines granted for business purposes, and nobody really checked on whether it was a true business or not, then they used those lines for other than business purposes,  just because those lines were not reported under personal credit.

That ruined it for legitimate business people who needed the CL to operate.

Anyways, ask away or inform us.  Glad you're here!   Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.