cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Business Plus Card? Why do I get these offers?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Blue Business Plus Card? Why do I get these offers?

Are you guys getting offers for this card? I keep receiving offers for business cards and I don't have a business. lol

This one came in today. I don't know why Amex keeps sending me offers for business CCs?  This one has a solid APR, something I haven't noticed before.

Screenshot (17).png

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: Blue Business Plus Card? Why do I get these offers?

You dont even need a business as they dont require any info about your business. The card could be beneficial to you as the account won't show on your credit as long as it's in good standing.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@601fluguy wrote:
You dont even need a business as they dont require any info about your business. The card could be beneficial to you as the account won't show on your credit as long as it's in good standing.

Yes you do need to have some form of a business.  They certainly ask for info, as is Name of Business, Business Type and Yearly Revenue.  Applying for a businees card from Amex or any other creditor without having some type of business, even if it is a sole proprietorship, is fraud.  Yes your business can be very small but you still need one.

Message 3 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I looked at the app, it does ask for all the information Irish mentions. Got an offer in the snail mail yesterday for a Business Platinum card.
I take these offers as I should be OK if I decide to apply for another personal card?
I forgot that the Business cards don't show on your reports. Maybe I should start a small business. Lol
Message 4 of 12
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Well sorry about that. I definitely thought they didnt ask that info but maybe I'm thinking of a different creditor. Doesn't take much to be considered a sole prop so this account could still legally benefit OP.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
I looked at the app, it does ask for all the information Irish mentions. Got an offer in the snail mail yesterday for a Business Platinum card.
I take these offers as I should be OK if I decide to apply for another personal card?
I forgot that the Business cards don't show on your reports. Maybe I should start a small business. Lol

the peculiar part about this with Amex is that the revenue part is just a drop-down menu. The first option is 0 to 50k per year, which is curious to me because everyone can have a business that doesn't make any money. If you say you mow lawns as a business, you 'have' a 0 revenue business and can apply for their cards...

*EDIT for clarification*

I'm not advocating any kind of dishonesty - I literally do have a side business, which is what I base my business card apps on. Generally I only work on it a little bit each year, but that's enough to legitimately be considered for small business cards.

Message 6 of 12
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

sell something on craigs or ebay.  register your ein for n/c and get it on the spot.  congrats you are in business.  a nice trifecta right now is the B+ for 20k, the green for 25k and the bgr for 75k, all super easy cards to get and an easy way to get 129k for a $9k spend and all no af.  you can stagger the bus apps out a month at a time by saving them if that helps with the spend.  also a good chance of combining all the pulls into one.  close the gold and green before the fee hits and use b+ as a placemat for all those nice mrs

Message 7 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

sell something on craigs or ebay.  register your ein for n/c and get it on the spot.  congrats you are in business.  a nice trifecta right now is the B+ for 20k, the green for 25k and the bgr for 75k, all super easy cards to get and an easy way to get 129k for a $9k spend and all no af.  you can stagger the bus apps out a month at a time by saving them if that helps with the spend.  also a good chance of combining all the pulls into one.  close the gold and green before the fee hits and use b+ as a placemat for all those nice mrs

Funny you mentioned that, I use to sell audiophile equipment world wide all the time on line. 

I found an article that refers to doing that. What do you mean EIN for N/C? What does the N/C stand for? 

I read last night Amex has nerfed the sign up bonus in the last couple of days. I don't think that would apply to me with this offer though.

Message 8 of 12
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Funny you mentioned that, I use to sell audiophile equipment world wide all the time on line. 

I found an article that refers to doing that. What do you mean EIN for N/C? What does the N/C stand for? 

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-n...

n/c = no charge.  ein is instant and don't lose the confirmation, save it to a pdf on the spot and email it to yourself so you will have it when needed.  re audiophile, I have in front of me a set of stacked dahlquist from the 70s fired with a pair of MC275s.  I also have a 2505 that fires stacked advents.  old school baby.  got roger waters on now, so pumped to see him in a few days.  

Message 9 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-n...

n/c = no charger.  ein is instant and don't lose the confirmation, save it to a pdf on the spot and email it to yourself so you will have it when needed.  re audiophile, I have in front of me a set of stacked dahlquist from the 70s fired with a pair of MC275s.  I also have a 2505 that fires stacked advents.  old school baby.  got roger waters on now, so pumped to see him in a few days.  

LMAO!! Well well well..so I've found another audiophile! I've seen the Dahlquist online but have never heard them. Also owned some Mac gear in the past..good stuff.

One of my best friends is good friends with David Berning and Clayton Shaw of Spatial audio. Once things settle down for me. I want a pair of those M3s http://www.spatialaudio.us/m3-triode-master matched with a http://davidberning.com/products/zh230 Berning Amp. My best friend has the prototype of this amp, built personally by David Berning.

Thanks for the great info! I'll have to put it to good use!Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.