Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue for Business.

tag
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

Blue for Business.

Yesterday after a few days of waiting, I was approved for the AmEx Blue for business. I had been wanting to build up some more business credit. I was given a $3k limit. The rep on the phone said that at activation I could raise the limit although after reading all the Amex cli threads, I don't know if I will get that since I received an increase on my personal delta in March unless business is separate but I would like it to be in the $6-10k range during its 0% period.
On a side note, I was approved for a Penfed ploc for $20k a week or so ago after recon and I was thinking about asking for the full $25k while still within the 30 days.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blue for Business.

Why the Blue rather than the SimplyCash? I ask because the SimplyCash is on my want list, but if the Blue is better I may change my mind.

Message 2 of 8
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

I did it because of the MR points. I have the personal prg and delta and I value the points more than cash back. I was also offered the business plat with 75k point bonus but I didn't want another fee just yet. (But it sure was tempting)
Message 3 of 8
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

Sorry and I have the Ink Plus so it seemed like doubling up with the bonus categories.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy Blue is a pretty nice card so far. Have both SimplyCash and Blue for Business.

Rep might not have noticed you recently had an increase on a different Amex card? Unless yet another rule has changed I think the 180 day wait between increases applies to personal and business cards...I think.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 7 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Smiley Happy Blue is a pretty nice card so far. Have both SimplyCash and Blue for Business.

Rep might not have noticed you recently had an increase on a different Amex card? Unless yet another rule has changed I think the 180 day wait between increases applies to personal and business cards...I think.

I can verify this.  The rep also mis informed me when opening the SimplyCash, and they kept mis informing me. Smiley Wink  We decided to test the waters, tried for a cli, and it came back with the 6 month notice (I had my increase on BCE in December 2014).  They offered to send it for review, but I just moved some limit out to my new personal cards at 0%, and made room for some large charges.  Will request cli on SimplyCash in either June or July, depending on how my scores look.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.