Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Alaska Airlines Biz Approved!

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

BoA Alaska Airlines Biz Approved!

I was booking a flight today and the personal card offer obviously caught my eye, but BoA did a massive AA on my accounts about 18 months ago and I chose to end the relationship at that point.  So I clicked the link for the business application today and really wasn't expecting an approval, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It's a bit low on my Business limits, but an approval is an approval - especially odd since they won't give me a personal card.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 3.37.59 PM.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: BoA Alaska Airlines Biz Approved!

Hey nice job! Don't worry about the low limit... They only gave me 5.5K which is much lower than the usual for me.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Hey nice job! Don't worry about the low limit... They only gave me 5.5K which is much lower than the usual for me.

Thanks Matt!  I really thought the personal cards were less difficult than the Business cards. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats B335,. I have both the personal and business and have racked up quite a few AA miles now which comes in handy booking Virgin America flights

Message 4 of 11
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

I got instant approval on mine but I wanted to make you aware that after getting the card and activating I got a letter about a week later saying they had to verify that my business was legit. If I didn't respond or if I failed the verification then they would cancel the account.

The verification dept was awful and finally accepted my business license as proof that I was legit. The rep even told me that if I didn't have my name as part of my business name that I would have to change the  name of my business in order to keep the card! The call took almost an hour.....

Message 5 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I got instant approval on mine but I wanted to make you aware that after getting the card and activating I got a letter about a week later saying they had to verify that my business was legit. If I didn't respond or if I failed the verification then they would cancel the account.

The verification dept was awful and finally accepted my business license as proof that I was legit. The rep even told me that if I didn't have my name as part of my business name that I would have to change the  name of my business in order to keep the card! The call took almost an hour.....

Wow thanks for the heads up. One hour with a business credit analyst sounds painful. Irish did you go through that with yours?

Message 6 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats for the approval.

Message 7 of 11
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Wow thanks for the heads up. One hour with a business credit analyst sounds painful. Irish did you go through that with yours?

It was actually their business verification team and not the credit analyst. At least the credit analysts they have are generally pretty nice Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Nope, didnt have anything like that. happen  I applied as a sole proprietor with my name as business name and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Message 9 of 11
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats B335is.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.