Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

BoA Alaska Airlines Biz Approved!

I was booking a flight today and the personal card offer obviously caught my eye, but BoA did a massive AA on my accounts about 18 months ago and I chose to end the relationship at that point.  So I clicked the link for the business application today and really wasn't expecting an approval, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It's a bit low on my Business limits, but an approval is an approval - especially odd since they won't give me a personal card.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 3.37.59 PM.png

Established Contributor

Re: BoA Alaska Airlines Biz Approved!

Hey nice job! Don't worry about the low limit... They only gave me 5.5K which is much lower than the usual for me.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board

mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Hey nice job! Don't worry about the low limit... They only gave me 5.5K which is much lower than the usual for me.

Thanks Matt!  I really thought the personal cards were less difficult than the Business cards. 

Congrats B335,. I have both the personal and business and have racked up quite a few AA miles now which comes in handy booking Virgin America flights

Established Contributor

I got instant approval on mine but I wanted to make you aware that after getting the card and activating I got a letter about a week later saying they had to verify that my business was legit. If I didn't respond or if I failed the verification then they would cancel the account.

The verification dept was awful and finally accepted my business license as proof that I was legit. The rep even told me that if I didn't have my name as part of my business name that I would have to change the  name of my business in order to keep the card! The call took almost an hour.....

mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I got instant approval on mine but I wanted to make you aware that after getting the card and activating I got a letter about a week later saying they had to verify that my business was legit. If I didn't respond or if I failed the verification then they would cancel the account.

The verification dept was awful and finally accepted my business license as proof that I was legit. The rep even told me that if I didn't have my name as part of my business name that I would have to change the  name of my business in order to keep the card! The call took almost an hour.....

Wow thanks for the heads up. One hour with a business credit analyst sounds painful. Irish did you go through that with yours?

Super Contributor

Congrats for the approval.

Established Contributor

B335is wrote:

mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Wow thanks for the heads up. One hour with a business credit analyst sounds painful. Irish did you go through that with yours?

It was actually their business verification team and not the credit analyst. At least the credit analysts they have are generally pretty nice Smiley Happy

B335is wrote:

mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Nope, didnt have anything like that. happen  I applied as a sole proprietor with my name as business name and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Valued Contributor

Nice Congrats B335is.

When you help yourself, you feel good. But when you help somebody else get back on their feet, it’s a high that no chemical drug can ever match. It’s the greatest high in the world. It’s addictive, it’s contagious, and the world needs more of it.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.