cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Business Credit & Spark Card Denial (WTH)

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: Building Business Credit & Spark Card Denial (WTH)

I was denied for the same card after being approved for the Ink and the Amex Plum.

I sent in a written letter for reconsideration and was approved. I also sent credit card statements ( from Ink and Plum) and credit reports with a copy of the denial letter asking for the BS reasons given for denial to be found in the reports. But my case was a little funny. I had bogus negative file (ironically from Cap1) that was removed in the interim that was partly responsible for my initial denial. I sent a copy of that apology letter from Cap1 along with everything else. Unfortunately they also hard pulled me again. Tri-pull. I was ticked off by that because it was a RECON. But they took it as if I was reapplying. I ask in vain for them to be removed. Whatever. 

Look, Cap1 stinks.,...BIG TIME. They stink especially in this very sphere of card services that you are dealing with: Applications/approvals/recons/limits or anything that requires underwriting. They stink because you can't talk to anyone directly who has any power to consider your request and they tri-pull every time. I put up with it to get this card. The base rewards are unsurpassed. So I guess it was worth it. 

I would write a letter and include any supporting docs that help your cause. That's what I did. Try to include reports dated the same day as your denial. It's worth a try. Careful. They tri-pull you again. Request that do not do this if you don't want it. They may do it anyway. They did to me. Grrr.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

I can vouch for the Spark showing up on personal credit reports. What a rude shock that was....especially after I was told it would not.  Par for the course for Cap1:

Rude, rough and abrasive. They'll never change. I USE them....but I don't like them. I've actually called Amex practically begging them to make the Plum 2% (or better) so I can give them all my Spark Spend. No luck yet. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 12 of 15
maksimfa
Contributor

I was given the spark biz by capital one as my first biz card.  That led me to Amex Plat.

Yes, you personally guarantee it, and it is essentially a personal card that also reports to business reports. =)

If your business is a sole prop or partnership with a DBA, then  in reality your personal credit report is the business report.

LLC, C-corp, etc... with an EIN, really is a separate entity. 

Capital one takes a chance on people, others would not... so I am happy with that. =)

Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. Send email to executive office for cap1 and ask for it to be recon... While you send that email also ask that your current 2 personal cards be upgraded to quicksilver, af removed and cl's on both to $10k... They will ask if you will accept less.

2. Amex business cards DO NOT report to personal credit unless you default, not sure if poster was referring to personal cards when they said they reported.

Message 14 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

1. Send email to executive office for cap1 and ask for it to be recon... While you send that email also ask that your current 2 personal cards be upgraded to quicksilver, af removed and cl's on both to $10k... They will ask if you will accept less.

2. Amex business cards DO NOT report to personal credit unless you default, not sure if poster was referring to personal cards when they said they reported.

ROFLOL

Good advice 
OLD TREAD ALERT CA

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.