Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

Bus card UTL

Well I had a tool that broke and had to replace it. I put it on my Amex revolver and now at 70% utl. Not sure if it's fine to pay it over 3 months? I was going to finance it but didn't want another inq 

SIlver:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Bus card UTL

Stonemanmv wrote:

Well I had a tool that broke and had to replace it. I put it on my Amex revolver and now at 70% utl. Not sure if it's fine to pay it over 3 months? I was going to finance it but didn't want another inq 

Business UTL has no effect on personal scores or business scoring as long as it's not a CAP1 card they report to personal CR's and thus can effect UTL and scores 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Established Contributor
sccredit

Being a revolving card I don't think Amex will mind it being paid over 3 months

Unsecured Credit: Amex BCP $24,900; Chase Sapphire Preferred $24,200; Discover It $12,500; Chase Ink Cash $15,000; Chase Slate $13,500; Citi TYP $12,900; Amex SPG Biz $3,000; US Bank Platinum $8,600; DCU Visa $10,000; Logix FCU $15,000; Citi Home Depot $8,800; Lowes $5,000; Care Credit $6,000; Penfed Platinum Sig $16,000; Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC $5,000; Bank of America World Points Business Visa $8,000; US Bank PLOC Overdraft $1,500; US Bank Edge Rewards Business $10,000; PenFed PLOC $5,000

Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

Thanks MJ its a amex simply cash and I didn't want to jump the fence til april. 

SIlver:

Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

thanks sccredit . Appreciate the info

SIlver:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Stonemanmv wrote:

Thanks MJ its a amex simply cash and I didn't want to jump the fence til april. 

Good to go 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Senior Contributor
Open123

myjourney wrote:

Stonemanmv wrote:

Business UTL has no effect on personal scores or business scoring as long as it's not a CAP1 card they report to personal CR's and thus can effect UTL and scores 

+1

Bus Utility has no bearing on your personal credit score.  And, regarding Amex, I've found they couldn't care less about business utility.  This year, I've routinely been at 200% of CL on some of our business cards.  Of course, you'd have to treat whatever exceeds the limit as a charge card balance, but otherwise no AA, charge declines, or over the limit fees.

Valued Contributor
Stonemanmv

Open- wow I guess I'm being a little crazy for nothing thanks for the info. 

SIlver:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+