Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Card Help My credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Card Help My credit?

Hello,

My company gives me a card as i travel often. itis in my name. I charge probably 3-5 k a month on it and it gets paid all of the way or most of the way each month. I have had it now for about 6 onths and so far i dont see any evidence of it helping or showing up on my credit. Does it help me in any way?

Is it worth it to have my wife add me to her cards? I thought even if you werent the main user having a card in your name helps.  ANy input?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Card Help My credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

My company gives me a card as i travel often. itis in my name. I charge probably 3-5 k a month on it and it gets paid all of the way or most of the way each month. I have had it now for about 6 onths and so far i dont see any evidence of it helping or showing up on my credit. Does it help me in any way?

Is it worth it to have my wife add me to her cards? I thought even if you werent the main user having a card in your name helps.  ANy input?

Your company credit card won't help you in anyway because most business cards don't report to personal credit reports.  But your wife adding you as an AU should benefit you immersely as that will get reported and give you a boost on your reports depending on how the cards are handled.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Business Card Help My credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had it now for about 6 onths and so far i dont see any evidence of it helping or showing up on my credit. Does it help me in any way?

Your answer is actually contained within your first sentence.  If it's not on your reports it does not affect your credit.

@Anonymous wrote:

Worth is always a highly subjective matter.  If you'd find it useful to be an AU on her accounts it could be worth it.  If her tradelines are in good shape (positive history, old account, low utilization, etc) and you want a bit of a boost and you're going to apply with creditors that consider accounts where one is an AU (not all do) then it could be worth it.  If her tradelines are in poor shape (negative payment history, new account, high utilization, etc) then it's probably not worth it.  If the creditors you apply to disregard accounts where one is an AU then its probably not worth it.

Don't rely on being an AU for credit.  You definitely need to build your own tradelines and work on your own credit if it has issues.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.