Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Card Recommendations

tag
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Business Card Recommendations

Hi all,

I'm starting a new business with a partner and I'm curious to get some recommendations on a business cc.

It will get used $10k-$50k a month and paid off every month.  We will never carry a balance.

I started looking at what amex has to offer but am curious if anyone knows something better?

Thanks!

EDIT:  I should have added this but don't look at my signature and worry.  The card will be in his name and his scores are in 800s.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Card Recommendations

Chase has been generous to me, are you over 5/24?
Message 2 of 18
GatorsFan84
Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

I don't believe he is.  Pretty much all his cards are amex currently.

I was looking more into chase and I didn't realize there was a Marriott Buisness.  Which chase card would you recommend?

Message 3 of 18
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I was just approved for the Chase Marriott, and well in order to recommend something to you, I'd need to know your spending patterns, the Marriott card is a good card! 80,000 points is a good deal!
BUT... the Chase INK preferred sign up bonus is $1000 towards travel...

Or the Ink business cash has a $300 sign up bonus and offers
" 5% cash back
Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.*
2% cash back
Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year.*

Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn.*"
Message 4 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

I don't believe he is.  Pretty much all his cards are amex currently.

I was looking more into chase and I didn't realize there was a Marriott Buisness.  Which chase card would you recommend?

Chase Ink Cash if you want cash back.

Chase Ink Preferred if you want travel rewards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 18
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Monthly expenses that will be put on the card:

$10-40k of inventory purchase through small business vendors

$2-3k of operational costs (hosting, network, phones, etc)

So the rewards system on the Chase Ink beats say the point on Amex Gold?  I only ask because I'm not familiar with Chase and I am with Amex.

Not really looking for cash back.  Looking for more of a system that can bank points to purchase hotel stays.

Message 6 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I'm fond of the Capital One Spark card, with 2% across the board cash back.

Its downsides are:

1. frequent triple pull

2. balance reports to personal credit bureaus

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm starting a new business with a partner and I'm curious to get some recommendations on a business cc.

It will get used $10k-$50k a month and paid off every month.  We will never carry a balance.

I started looking at what amex has to offer but am curious if anyone knows something better?

Thanks!

EDIT:  I should have added this but don't look at my signature and worry.  The card will be in his name and his scores are in 800s.

I'm fond of the Capital One Spark card, with 2% cash back across the board.

The downsides are:

1. frequent triple pull

2. balance reports on personal credit bureaus

Message 7 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

Monthly expenses that will be put on the card:

$10-40k of inventory purchase through small business vendors

$2-3k of operational costs (hosting, network, phones, etc)

So the rewards system on the Chase Ink beats say the point on Amex Gold?  I only ask because I'm not familiar with Chase and I am with Amex.

Not really looking for cash back.  Looking for more of a system that can bank points to purchase hotel stays.

Since you're looking for travel rewards, the Chase Ink Preferred is a good choice.

Message 8 of 18
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Ok cool, I will look into Chase.  Thanks for all the info.

Message 9 of 18
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

I would also recommend Chase. They have been pretty generous to me in personal lending and just recently they approved me and my new business for a Marriott Card with a $30,000 limit and my business partner for the Ink with a $14,000 limit -- highest limits to date for both of us. I had a massive number of inquiries. Good luck!
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.