Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Card Recommendations

Honestly I'd recommend Bank of America Travel Rewards Business Card.

$250 sign up bonus (Not as good as Chase) but

1.5 points per $1 spent in any area.

So 10k spent is $150 that's an additional $50 or $250 if you spend 50k each month in rewards. Over a year that's up to an extra $3,000 in free money when comparing to Chase Ink or Chase Preffered.

While Chase is a good card, I'm not bashing it, I use this one for all of our business expenses.

New Contributor

Awesome, thanks for all the info.  I will check out BoA as well.

CH7 BK Discharged Aug 2016May 2017 ScoresEQ08 615TU08 604EX08 612
Senior Contributor

Matt4200 wrote:
Honestly I'd recommend Bank of America Travel Rewards Business Card.

$250 sign up bonus (Not as good as Chase) but

1.5 points per $1 spent in any area.

So 10k spent is $150 that's an additional $50 or $250 if you spend 50k each month in rewards. Over a year that's up to an extra $3,000 in free money when comparing to Chase Ink or Chase Preffered.

While Chase is a good card, I'm not bashing it, I use this one for all of our business expenses.

I'm not sure the card you're describing is a business card.

BOA's World Points Travel card is not as good as what you're describing.

FICO8 EQ 785 TU 804 EX 783 FICO5 EQ 733 Total revolving 463000
Contributor

Atleast Bank of America allows the credit card to be assigned as over draft protection, which is more useful for us. Chase don't allow that. Would like to know if any other bank offers such facility if business doesn't have LOC
Valued Contributor

Amex lets me go over by a couple thousand as long as the amount over the limit is PIF by the payment due date.
Valued Contributor

I think Chase lets this happen too? If it's classified as a "Flexible Spending Card" shouldn't it allow you to go over limit? (Anything over limit must be PIF).
New Contributor

I guess that's also something I didn't think about.  In our other businesses we use amex and don't have to worry about a credit limit and only pay it off once a month.  

It could be a problem if we go with chase and only get like a $20k limit as we will be putting $40-50k a month on the card.  This would force us to make multiple payments a month to Chase and probably don't want to do that.

Anyone have a business card that is non-amex with a limit of $50k or higher?   Does that exist?

CH7 BK Discharged Aug 2016May 2017 ScoresEQ08 615TU08 604EX08 612
Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the years I have had several bank backed business cards and in the end I kept Capital One and Chase. My favorite is Chase and I use it all the time (since 2005). Closed out Capital One when they went on one of their "hissy fits" and cut credit lines and changed Aprs (CSRs didn't or couldn't really service the acounts - my cards had seen Apr increases with no CL decreases but, I said no games and closed the door on them).

Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 832
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.