Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Business Card Recommendations

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm starting a new business with a partner and I'm curious to get some recommendations on a business cc.

It will get used $10k-$50k a month and paid off every month.  We will never carry a balance.

I started looking at what amex has to offer but am curious if anyone knows something better?

Thanks!

EDIT:  I should have added this but don't look at my signature and worry.  The card will be in his name and his scores are in 800s.

CHP7 BK Discharged Aug 2016April 2017 ScoresEQ08 620
EQ09 600
TU08 604
TU09 608
EX08 628
EX09 570
Valued Contributor

Re: Business Card Recommendations

Chase has been generous to me, are you over 5/24?
New Contributor

Creditplz wrote:

I don't believe he is.  Pretty much all his cards are amex currently.

I was looking more into chase and I didn't realize there was a Marriott Buisness.  Which chase card would you recommend?

EQ09 600
TU08 604
TU09 608
EX08 628
EX09 570
Valued Contributor

I was just approved for the Chase Marriott, and well in order to recommend something to you, I'd need to know your spending patterns, the Marriott card is a good card! 80,000 points is a good deal!
BUT... the Chase INK preferred sign up bonus is $1000 towards travel...

Or the Ink business cash has a $300 sign up bonus and offers
" 5% cash back
Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.*
2% cash back
Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year.*

Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn.*"
Senior Contributor

GatorsFan84 wrote:

Creditplz wrote:

I don't believe he is.  Pretty much all his cards are amex currently.

I was looking more into chase and I didn't realize there was a Marriott Buisness.  Which chase card would you recommend?

Chase Ink Cash if you want cash back.

Chase Ink Preferred if you want travel rewards.

FICO8 EQ 782 TU 803 EX 786 FICO5 EQ 747 Total revolving 503000
New Contributor

Monthly expenses that will be put on the card:

$10-40k of inventory purchase through small business vendors

$2-3k of operational costs (hosting, network, phones, etc)

So the rewards system on the Chase Ink beats say the point on Amex Gold?  I only ask because I'm not familiar with Chase and I am with Amex.

Not really looking for cash back.  Looking for more of a system that can bank points to purchase hotel stays.

EQ09 600
TU08 604
TU09 608
EX08 628
EX09 570
Senior Contributor

I'm fond of the Capital One Spark card, with 2% across the board cash back.

Its downsides are:

1. frequent triple pull

2. balance reports to personal credit bureaus

GatorsFan84 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm starting a new business with a partner and I'm curious to get some recommendations on a business cc.

It will get used $10k-$50k a month and paid off every month.  We will never carry a balance.

I started looking at what amex has to offer but am curious if anyone knows something better?

Thanks!

EDIT:  I should have added this but don't look at my signature and worry.  The card will be in his name and his scores are in 800s.

I'm fond of the Capital One Spark card, with 2% cash back across the board.

The downsides are:

1. frequent triple pull

2. balance reports on personal credit bureaus

Senior Contributor

GatorsFan84 wrote:

Monthly expenses that will be put on the card:

$10-40k of inventory purchase through small business vendors

$2-3k of operational costs (hosting, network, phones, etc)

So the rewards system on the Chase Ink beats say the point on Amex Gold?  I only ask because I'm not familiar with Chase and I am with Amex.

Not really looking for cash back.  Looking for more of a system that can bank points to purchase hotel stays.

Since you're looking for travel rewards, the Chase Ink Preferred is a good choice.

New Contributor

Ok cool, I will look into Chase.  Thanks for all the info.

EQ09 600
TU08 604
TU09 608
EX08 628
EX09 570
Frequent Contributor

I would also recommend Chase. They have been pretty generous to me in personal lending and just recently they approved me and my new business for a Marriott Card with a $30,000 limit and my business partner for the Ink with a $14,000 limit -- highest limits to date for both of us. I had a massive number of inquiries. Good luck!
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.