Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Cards and Account Balances

tag
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Business Cards and Account Balances

I have several business cards AMEX, Chase, Citi.

The AMEX is a charge card and of course is always PIF.  The Chase Ink and Citi cards are often 80% or more of credit line before being paid.  I'll carry a balance every other month or so because those cards are still within a 0% interest promotional period.

With my personal cards I often PIF prior to closing date so that the cards will report 0 balance to the CRA's.

Does this matter with business cards and business credit reports?  Do they assume that the card will have high balances near the limit and not take this into account when rating business credit?

Is the concept of Utilisation relevant with business credit cards?

What are the key points to acheiving an outstanding credit rating for my company?  (Besides obviously paying your bills on time...)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business Cards and Account Balances

@Credit_Ranger wrote:

I have several business cards AMEX, Chase, Citi.

The AMEX is a charge card and of course is always PIF.  The Chase Ink and Citi cards are often 80% or more of credit line before being paid.  I'll carry a balance every other month or so because those cards are still within a 0% interest promotional period.

With my personal cards I often PIF prior to closing date so that the cards will report 0 balance to the CRA's.

Does this matter with business cards and business credit reports?  Do they assume that the card will have high balances near the limit and not take this into account when rating business credit?

Is the concept of Utilisation relevant with business credit cards?

What are the key points to acheiving an outstanding credit rating for my company?  (Besides obviously paying your bills on time...)

I'm not sure that it does matter... but I can't answer that with 100% certain.

But I'm not thinking it does because I had quite a bit of high utilization on many cards and I never had any issue obtaining more business credit but at the same time this was in more open credit times so not sure if it's been modified.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Cards and Account Balances

It's difficult not to reach limits when lenders are only giving out very small CLs.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.