Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Cell Provider

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Business Cell Provider

Who are easiest for getting a business cell plan with - I need 3 phones. I use AT&T personal account at the moment, but would like to set an account up completely in the business name and EIN rather than my SS. I have had a Capital One business credit card for the past year / year & half but not sure if that even helps build business credit?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Business Cell Provider

@breedo wrote:

Who are easiest for getting a business cell plan with - I need 3 phones. I use AT&T personal account at the moment, but would like to set an account up completely in the business name and EIN rather than my SS. I have had a Capital One business credit card for the past year / year & half but not sure if that even helps build business credit?

The cap1 will help it reports to business CR's 

Checkout sprint not sure what the current promo is but they were giving out free phones IIRC (3-4)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Really? I had no idea Capital One reported to the biz CR's. Hopefully should be looking good after a year and a half with no late payments.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I was able to get my 6 Personal Verizon Lines TRANSFERRED into the ownership of the Business with EIN ONLY and NO PG... but I had to fight and it was a LONG irritating process because some employees seemed to know how things worked, understood some things, and had any care in the world.

In the end a supervisor had to override the deposit they wanted on EACH line because the business had no credit and say that I was a LONG time Verizon customer and they waived the deposit since I was the owner of the business and I was simply changing name basically but the business still flowed down to me in the end (yes I understand I could walk away from my now 7 lines with no damage to me personally now that it's in the EIN so don't tell me why they still are right to want deposit)

Anyway... was worth it for me because I now get discount based on how many lines and I don't have to pay the silly "Upgrade fee" of $30 each time i buy a new phone.

not sure now but back in the day I had NO issue getting AT&T to approve but I also had some business credit so not sure, but it was instant online.

Message 4 of 6
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I've been in business for awhile and had many business accounts with different cellphone provider...AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. They all can be under business name without PG. I currently have Sprint now.

Sprint all you have to do is have an EIN number, and you can apply right over the phone, if your business is new, they would rewuire you to fax over proof of business like Ein paper from IRS and a utility bill with your business name on it.

Verizon you would have to come in to the store and give them business information including Ein and ban account information with no PG. At&t you can call and do app on phone as well with no PG. T-Mobile I believe you can also apply by phone as well. They will ask for your name and position with the company. It's very easy from my experience.

Message 5 of 6
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Great, thanks, sounds good. I'm going to wait until the new iPhone comes out in a few days and then sign up with a new provider under the business and cancel my lines.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.