dcowart

Re: Business Credit 101

[ Edited ]

Hi rebuilding:

We actually have been offering this service for some time now. You should have an umbrella C Corp for each LLC. Furthermore, you should have an LLC for each primary revenue stream or "division" under the umbrella. Ultimately, you would want a business trust for full advantages allowed by law. We recommend WY LLCs.

My .02 on D/B/As is they should be used in conjunction with each a separate entity. You can easily convolute liability by having one business doing all sorts of business under multiple D/B/As, separate LLCs i.e. ABC, LLC D/B/A ABC. Or My Co LLC D/B/A MyCo as another example.

One last point, a D/B/A has no credit file, only the entity behind it has one. If it does have unique trade lines with separate vendors you are missing the opportunity for it to stand on its own merits with the likes of D&B et al.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Established Member
lllollolll

Hey folks ...

Does anyone know of a company or service that will do all the leg work mentioned in page 1 for me ?

I am looking to open a LLC for a trucking business. I realize that trucking is high risk and will find the financing for the truck elsewhere. I'm mainly looking to do this for the other aspects of business, office, fuel, repairs and such.

I realize that I can do this myself but am limited on time and would rather get it done for me by someone who knows what there doing with the process.

Thanks

James

HIM.............................................HER
EQ - 482 (June 4, 2013).............EQ - 000
EX - 551 (June 4, 2013)..............EX - 000
TU - 495 (June 4, 2013)..............TU - 509 (June 4, 2013)
baautorepair

I didn't know where else to add this, but thought it would be helpful for others too. Just got denied a line of credit from Wells Fargo I have an 805 with no negatives anyways they said my business had late payments on the business credit report so I want to experian paid the $49.95 for a report to find there was only 3 tradelines on it meaning none of my business credit cards are reporting which is not the issue. Experian does not give you the name of the company and there is one on there reporting we pay 60+ days late it's listed under printing and publication category which is really confusing as we have no net 30 companies that I think would land there also they say we owe $200 right now and I have no net30 that I owe this amount too so my question is does anyone know which companies go under what category? These are the only net30 companies that we signed up for.

Uline- no money owed haven't used in almost a year

Quill- no money owed haven't used again almost a year

Amazon Corporate-use monthly but owe like $600 right now and are not behind (i did a little research and I'm pretty sure they don't report0

Sprint- paid on time every month plus should go under communications

G&K Services- not behind and I believe they are the appareal

so we have I think G&K Services showing up as appareal and that shows paid on time then packaging which I think is Uline it's not reporting anything and then the printing and publication that is showing a high balance of $400 currently owe $200 and up to 30 DBT any help on a list I did the dispute with experian and called them they say these companies pay to keep their names from us which in my mind makes no sense how can I say I dispute this charge if I don't even no where it is coming from.

Thanks for any help!

baautorepair

I just thought I would add if anyone can help if they know of a report that shows the companies or if anyone has printing and publication on their business experian report and know what company it is I am basically to the point of narrowing the net 30 vendors that full into that category down and calling them and asking if they are reporting us as oweing this $200 if I can get a letter from whomever this is our CL will go through right away it's actually quite ridiculious to be honest. 

keithpotz

How do buisness phone lines work? How long do I need to be in buisness to get one? We just started in Jan of this year and would like to open one it just makes it easier .

Thanks!

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 569
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

keithpotz wrote:

How do buisness phone lines work? How long do I need to be in buisness to get one? We just started in Jan of this year and would like to open one it just makes it easier .

Thanks!

Business phones are really very easy to get and don't require much at all ....EIN or DNB#

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

keithpotz

Even though we are a new business it shouldn't be a problem right?

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 569
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
artist90

Thank you VERY MUCH. You made it so very clear...I look forward to to paying this forward...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+