Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Credit 101

THANKS FOR THE INFO IT HELPS A LOT

Message 81 of 196
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I have UPS, and maybe it is the homebased nature of my business, but it is hardly net 30. I think it's more like net 5. And expensive. Whew! I only used it to get reporting, but it was twice as expensive as the post office and not any better service-wise.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 82 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ByrdMan, I was going to contact UPS to see about setting up an account, for reproting purposes, but if their expense warrants a "whew," thanks but no thanks.  Didn't realize the net5 nature either, FedEx probably won't fair much better.  To whom did they report anyway?
Message 83 of 196
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I only know that they report to D&B. They may report to others as well, but I wouldn't know if they did.

Well, I have a regular package that send to Utah overnight. At USPS, it costs $16.95. At UPS, it's about $29. I made the mistake of having them pick up the item from me (the very first time that I used it) and it cost nearly $40. Then, I got an email the next day reminding me that my payment was due (it was about five days after I sent the package). No thanks.

Message 84 of 196
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 85 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I must say is Negotiating is the Key when you say that you know that you have to do a personal Guarantee your goal should be not to have a Personal Guarantee, You want to protect your personal assets if you tell them that you'll back out they should negotiate the lease without your personal Guarantee I rented a 9700 space no guaranteed it was (I know your going to think I'm joking ) But it was only 3700 yes 3700 and that is because I entered a 5 year no guarantee we smashed it negotating and flashed a couple dollar signs in their faces. Unless you already have clientele I usually recommend a area that gives you good exposure and the ability for people to notice your salon.
Message 86 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Usps Report to experian or dun and Bradstreet
Message 87 of 196
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

D&B for sure. Not sure about any others.

Message 88 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this for the delivery service ? Or stamps, like the auto stamps that you add to money too directly out of the account.

Message 89 of 196
Achieve2012
New Contributor

Message 90 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.