Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks

thats very good information!!!!!!!Man Happy

Message 132 of 196
Gladtobehere
Established Member

Re: Business Credit 101

Paid two companies to do this for me!Smiley Very Happy Live and learn. Thanks for the information, its very accurate and useful. Best wishes. Smiley Wink

Message 133 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to this but have been in business for 12 years.  Does my company have a FICO score too or do i need to get a DUNS number.  How do i find out if i have good business credit?  

Message 134 of 196
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new to this but have been in business for 12 years.  Does my company have a FICO score too or do i need to get a DUNS number.  How do i find out if i have good business credit?  

FICO scores off consumer accounts as opposed to business. However, the creditors you deal with may or may not report to other business reports like DnB. If that's the case, then you'd likely have a DUNS number (basically a file number for your DnB report) and a Paydex score already. You can go to Dun&Bradstreet's website and order a report and score if you wanted to.

Message 135 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an incredible poor experience with Reliable. I will not ever deal with them again. They tell me that you must have years of good credit and they will check your credit a maximum of annually and they expect you to make regular buys monthly between credit checks. With their outrageous prices and disappointing customer service, I can't imagine buying form them again. Especially after spending two hundred dollars "cash". I am surprised that they are on so many forums and being advertised as more generous to giving credit. Please note that I am building business credit for my company's new branch, the parent company has excellent credit and 35 years in business.
Message 136 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for putting your knowledge out there for everyone to view. I am newly married to a general contractor who let his business just go away when he was married the first time. long story. We are now trying to get his business up and running again. 5 years later. I am having a hard time figureing out how to fix his personal and business credit. His ex told me to come here and there were places I could look to see what to write to the companies on his credit to have a few things removed, but I am still  lost. If you know of anything please let me know.

Thank you

Message 137 of 196

If, he had an existing business that went under and he had outstanding debts, Dun and Bradstreet will make it very hard for him to obtain credit.  What entity was his business?  How many credits did/does he owe.  You mentioned he has bad personal credit too?  The personal credit is much easier to repair than his business credit. 

Message 138 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are ways that you guys can get business credit even with your current situation. Writing to companies won't help much. They would much prefer that you settle on the debt.

Message 139 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your experience is kinda wierd in that, if your parent company has good credit then you shouldn't an issues getting credit with the subsidiary. Reliable has always been good to me. I have never prepaid. You need to atleast have a complete business credit file.

Message 140 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.