Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit 101

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Credit 101

Xavier,

I currently have a FICO score of 644 from EX however there is a "dismissed" bk listed on my EQ dated 8/1999. They will not remove it for 10 yrs. even though EX and TU both removed it (7 yrs. for ch. 13 in MI). Will this revent me from qualifying for a business loan.

Oh, btw I've not yet incorpated or anything. I've been reading this thread to learn more about the steps to take.

Thanks,
LaSha'
Message 41 of 196
busyone
Contributor

Xavier,thank you so much for posting this wealth of info. I have had my business
for 23 years this year and my current Exp. score, as of 1/31/08 was 660. I've checked
out your web site and it really looks good. Even though we've been in business for a long
time I'm still interested in any additional funding to continue to grow. Thanks
Message 42 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

BusyOne,

I still find it amazing how little help the SBA provides to small business owners. There are additional programs that are great programs and when people contact the SBA offices directly, no one seems to know about the programs that were created by their own agencies.

Look into the SBAExpress programs that provide business loans up to $250,000 to $350,000. Then there is a new SBA-guaranteed loan program called the SBA PatriotExpress program geared for people who have served in the military and widows of military-personnel. This program guarantees up to $500,000.

Please feel free to contact me should you require assistance.
Message 43 of 196
busyone
Contributor

Hi Xavier,
               Is there way to contact you privately to ask you a couple of questions regarding the sba
loans? Thanks.
Message 44 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xavier,

Thanks so much, but I don't have any "discharged" papers for the BK. It was "dismissed" instead. Also, the year SOL for chapter 13 is up but Equifax will not remove it. Since the SOL is over (technically) would I still qualify or do I have to wait until next year for Equifax to remove it as well.

I'll go to your website to contact you about what steps I need to take to incorporate and such.

Thank you in advance and thanks for posting this priceless information.

LaSha'
Message 45 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great article.  Very helpful!  Thanks!!!!
Message 46 of 196
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I guess I just have bad luck, all that I can get approved is OD, Quill, and Uline.

How does everyone get the credit they have so quick?
Message 47 of 196
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

gdtobefree, don't worry about it. Just start using those things in small doses, so that you can pay it back on time. When you have a minimum of three TLs reporting for (I believe) five TOTAL reporting entries, you will generate a paydex score. Pay on time on everything and your score will be 80, which is ideal.

Someone help me with the language, to say this more expediently. I am very scatter-brained right now (too much business on the brain).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 196
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

My luck is changing!
Checked the mail today and got OD AND Staples bth with 2000 CL WAHOOOOOOOO!
1 more to go, I have Quill and Uline, Now OD and Staples.

Recommendations for the 5th anyone?
Message 49 of 196
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

When you have a minimum of three TLs reporting for (I believe) five TOTAL reporting entries, you will generate a paydex score When you said this, does this mean if I have an Office Depot, Gemplers, and Staples accts and I conduct five transactions, I should get rated? Thanks. Robert
Message 50 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.