Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card & Authorized Users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Credit Card & Authorized Users

We recently signed up for a business account with Capital One. During the application process it asked for my personal SS# as I am the president/owner. My first question is besides the inquiry will they report to my personal credit report? Also when I want to add an authorized user it asks for their SS#. Why do they need my employees/authorized users SS# and will the corporate payment history after their personal credit reports?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card & Authorized Users

Yes, this does report to your personal credit report. You can add authorized users to the account.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but does it report to my authroized users/employees credit reports?

Message 3 of 5
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

You will need to confirm with Capital One; however, when I got my card (which was about 2 years ago), I believe they indicated it reported to my personal credit report, but it did not for any auth users, but I would suggest you confirm that with Capital One, as anything can change with credit card companies and their reporting. I know when I had my Corporate Amex when I worked in the insurance industry, I had a card, and they requested my SS# too, but it did not report to my personal credit, but I know AMEX is a bit different.

Message 4 of 5
Project17
New Contributor

It won't report for the employee's unless you are late or you default then it will pop up no theirs most likely even though it shouldn't. That happens all the time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.