Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Business Credit Card

So lately I've been doing a lot of work on the side for people.  Sometimes the parts and things I order for people are expensive, and it becomes a problem putting everything on my personal cards.  I was wondering what the criteria was for getting a business card.  Do you have to be LLC, INC, etc?  Any help would be great, thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

So lately I've been doing a lot of work on the side for people.  Sometimes the parts and things I order for people are expensive, and it becomes a problem putting everything on my personal cards.  I was wondering what the criteria was for getting a business card.  Do you have to be LLC, INC, etc?  Any help would be great, thank you!

no you don't have to have LLC, you could register just for EIN if you wanted or you can apply for business credit with your social instead of ein.

the easy card that comes to mind would be Capital One Spark (but it does report to your personal credit each month so you have to be careful with Util. if that's an issue overall for your credit)

this should be moved to business credit thread.

Message 2 of 3
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card

@Creditaddict wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

no you don't have to have LLC, you could register just for EIN if you wanted or you can apply for business credit with your social instead of ein.

the easy card that comes to mind would be Capital One Spark (but it does report to your personal credit each month so you have to be careful with Util. if that's an issue overall for your credit)

this should be moved to business credit thread.

Do they actually pull the owners report if you have EIN?  Im just worried my BK will again hold me back. 

And I agree if a mod could move this I didnt see there was a Business Credit Forum. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.