Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Business Credit Card

Calling all business credit card gurus :smileyhappy:

Does anyone know of a bank that issues a business credit card without a personal guarantee? I heard of Key Bank, however they require a personal guarantee from what I read on their application. I currently have the Professional Card from Citi, but I had to personally guarantee it AND they only report on my personal credit report, not business.

Stats:

- S Corporation in business for approximately 4 years.
- Staples revolving credit card
Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Business Credit Card

You can get the Key Bank Biz Card with out PG. Just put X on the PG section and fax it to them. You might get a smaller CL with out PG but they can help you get started with Biz card with out PG. Homdepot Biz MasterCard also you can get with out PG. But it is hard to get.
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Hi concorduser,

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm going to apply for this tomorrow. I'll post the results.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

ya I have been declined for home depot mastercard 2 without pg. but got keybank
Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Hey Concord, I took your advice and applied for the Key Bank business mastercard. I faxed in the application yesterday and I called up today to check the status. To my delight, the credit department informed me I was approved and would receive the card within 10 days!! I would have never discovered Key Bank as virtually every application I came across required a pg. I can't believe it as this is my very first business credit card. Now I can begin building my business credit. I want to give a huge thanks to you and this forum. There is a WEALTH of knowledge to be learned here. Again, thank you! Uncle Money
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Uncle_Money wrote:
Hey Concord, I took your advice and applied for the Key Bank business mastercard. I faxed in the application yesterday and I called up today to check the status. To my delight, the credit department informed me I was approved and would receive the card within 10 days!! I would have never discovered Key Bank as virtually every application I came across required a pg. I can't believe it as this is my very first business credit card. Now I can begin building my business credit. I want to give a huge thanks to you and this forum. There is a WEALTH of knowledge to be learned here. Again, thank you! Uncle Money

Who does keybank report to? I've been looking for a business credit card with no pg as well.
Super Contributor
concorduser

Key Bank does not report to any credit reporting agencies, either personal or business.

UpUpUp wrote:

Who does keybank report to? I've been looking for a business credit card with no pg as well.

Super Contributor
concorduser

Glad you are apporved. Take good care of the card. It is issued by Citi and they are very generous with Credit Limit Increase. If you keep it in good standing and never exceed the limits and pay it on time, you'll get credit limit increase in 6 months. After that you are on your way to be able to acquire other cards that are backed my Citi with out PG.

Uncle_Money wrote:

Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Hmm, so I guess if you are still trying to establish your business credit, this isn't going to help much then.

concorduser wrote:
Key Bank does not report to any credit reporting agencies, either personal or business.

UpUpUp wrote:

Super Contributor
concorduser

None of the Citi backed biz cards report to either personal or biz credit reports. I have 9 citi backed biz cards and none of them report. That is I am starting building biz credit all over again.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+