Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Credit Card

concorduser wrote:
None of the Citi backed biz cards report to either personal or biz credit reports. I have 9 citi backed biz cards and none of them report. That is I am starting building biz credit all over again.

Thanks so much for that info. now I know what to stay away from.
Message 11 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Dont stay away from them. Get them and use them. Just keep in mind they dont report. They are real cards and will be extremely helpful. They range all the way from gas cards to store cards to platinum cards. They keep track of the accounts internally and will help you getting other cards with them.

UpUpUp wrote:

concorduser wrote:
None of the Citi backed biz cards report to either personal or biz credit reports. I have 9 citi backed biz cards and none of them report. That is I am starting building biz credit all over again.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's true. I was just in the mindset of trying to establish credit for the business, but it's not really needed. So, if it's not needed, I'd rather get something that reports, since that is what the goal was.  Do any of the business cards have a rewards program?  That would make me want to use it!

concorduser wrote:
Dont stay away from them. Get them and use them. Just keep in mind they dont report. They are real cards and will be extremely helpful. They range all the way from gas cards to store cards to platinum cards. They keep track of the accounts internally and will help you getting other cards with them.

UpUpUp wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Message 13 of 23
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Thanks, concord.

Perhaps my Staples business cc and my Citi Professional card played a role in approval?

So now I understand Key doesn't report? I know Citi Professional reports to personal, as I had to pg it. Do you think the Amex business cards are harder to get an approval than their personal cards? I had my eyes on the Plum for a while now but never took the plunge. Once my utilization dips to around 20% or less, I was thinking of applying.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 14 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

just because you PG for a card, does not mean it will be on your personal credit.  Business Credit only reports to personal credit if you default on the account and you PG'd for it.

I have heard the plum is the hardest of the business cards to get, but I think the Gold is the same as the gold personal, one of there easier ones
Message 15 of 23
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

The Citi Professional Card reports to my EX CR every month. Then again, I didn't even have to enter my tax id to apply. Their terms do state that the card is to be used for business purposes only, though. Strange that they wouldn't even ask! I have heard the same about the Plum so I'm a little skeptic to apply just yet. The last thing I need is another hard pull on EX. Looks like a solid card from what I can tell.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 16 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Some report to personal and some dont. For instance, I got biz loan from my CU with PG. It does report to my personal CR as joint account. It is hard to tell. As far as I know none of the citi backed cards report to personal cr. If it is bothering you, you can call Citi and ask them to stop reporting to your personal CR. As per Amex it is a different animal and follows their own set of rules which keep changing by minute. My suggestion, if you have low inq's and scores at least 680-700 on EX apply for Amex Biz Gold. If they approve it, use it for 6 months and then ask for Plum. Asking for Plum right away chances could be less to get it. It all depends on your scores and inq's.

Uncle_Money wrote:
The Citi Professional Card reports to my EX CR every month. Then again, I didn't even have to enter my tax id to apply. Their terms do state that the card is to be used for business purposes only, though. Strange that they wouldn't even ask! I have heard the same about the Plum so I'm a little skeptic to apply just yet. The last thing I need is another hard pull on EX. Looks like a solid card from what I can tell.

Message 17 of 23
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

All good points. I think you're correct about the Plum. Let me ask you this. I've heard one of the easier cards to get from Amex is their preferred rewards green card, which is personal. If I apply for the Green, do you think I would be able to call and ask to switch me to a biz card? At the end of Aug, I will have 7 inquiries counting for 2007 and my Ex score will be in the 714 range, according to the Fico simulator. At this point my utilization will also be around 20% and zero baddies on the report.

Message 18 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If you dont mind risking a hard inq and if you dont have any thing negative, I would say go for Amex Biz Gold Charge Card. You might get it if you have scores of high 600's on EX
Uncle_Money wrote:
All good points. I think you're correct about the Plum. Let me ask you this. I've heard one of the easier cards to get from Amex is their preferred rewards green card, which is personal. If I apply for the Green, do you think I would be able to call and ask to switch me to a biz card? At the end of Aug, I will have 7 inquiries counting for 2007 and my Ex score will be in the 714 range, according to the Fico simulator. At this point my utilization will also be around 20% and zero baddies on the report.

Message 19 of 23
cfletch123
Established Member

Try Staples and Fed Ex Kinko's. There are others but I can't think of them right now. I will look it up when I get home.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.