Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card

tag
velocity
Established Member

Business Credit Card

Hi all, I just apply a business cc and would like to get an additional card for one of my employee. But he has a low credit score with some baddies on his account. If I get a cc for him, would it affect my account in anyway? Or would it lower my credit score?

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card

@velocity wrote:

Hi all, I just apply a business cc and would like to get an additional card for one of my employee. But he has a low credit score with some baddies on his account. If I get a cc for him, would it affect my account in anyway? Or would it lower my credit score?

Thanks for the help!

His credit will have no effect on the account or your credit.  Furthermore, who is this business card with, many don't show up on your personal credit either.

Message 2 of 7
velocity
Established Member

Hi Creditaddict, thanks for your reply. I have a small business, so I'm using my own credit for business. My buisness card is with Wells Fargo, any idea if it will affect? 

Thanks so much for your advice! 

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@velocity wrote:

Hi Creditaddict, thanks for your reply. I have a small business, so I'm using my own credit for business. My buisness card is with Wells Fargo, any idea if it will affect? 

Thanks so much for your advice! 

I don't know if Wells Fargo reports their business cards to personal credit or not... did you just get it... I would check your reports after a few months and see if it's on.

otherwise as long as you don't default it will not effect your personal credit.

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

also if you pay your balance in full each month and your vendors or what not except Amex, I would highly suggest the Gold Business Card... The rewards are probably much better than Wells Fargo and as your business grows, you won't have a problem increasing your spending.

Message 5 of 7
velocity
Established Member

Hi Creditaddict, thanks for the info. Yes, Wells does report to my personal credit. So there is no problem of adding an additional card to my employee who have some baddies on his account, correct?

Thank you so much for your help, you are awesome!

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@velocity wrote:

Hi Creditaddict, thanks for the info. Yes, Wells does report to my personal credit. So there is no problem of adding an additional card to my employee who have some baddies on his account, correct?

Thank you so much for your help, you are awesome!

Nope, your good to go

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.