Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Credit Reports

What's the best place to get your business Credit Report/scores from Equifax and Experian? I just signed up with NAV and was wondering if I should purchase the upgrade to see the detailed reports or if there is something better out there. This is only showing Experian and D&B...that I can tell. Is there a report that will give me all three?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Business Credit Reports

Im sorry I can't answer this, but I know someone who is more experienced in the Biz credit world will pipe in soonSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

D&B is a waste of time. I buy scores Direct from experian and equifax with no problem.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like NAV for convenience.

The EX yearly rate is "reasonable" if you are really a business and you can pull it all you want.

You can purchase your EQ directly, but if you ever dispute EQ, good luck getting a copy of it again without a denial from a creditor.  I have been locked out of pulling my business report ever since I pointed out all of the inaccuracies such as my parents home phone number from 20 years ago showing up on my 2 year olf LLC's report.

You can check D&B on your own with iupdate, just don't do it too often.  They tend to post new info on Sundays.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I like NAV for convenience.

The EX yearly rate is "reasonable" if you are really a business and you can pull it all you want.

You can purchase your EQ directly, but if you ever dispute EQ, good luck getting a copy of it again without a denial from a creditor.  I have been locked out of pulling my business report ever since I pointed out all of the inaccuracies such as my parents home phone number from 20 years ago showing up on my 2 year olf LLC's report.

You can check D&B on your own with iupdate, just don't do it too often.  They tend to post new info on Sundays.

Couple questions.  I just checked my business basic info on Nav.com and was thinking about checking Equifax because I basically have nothing reporting on Experian other than a tax lien.   But I know I currently have one open loan and bus cc.  So I'm wondering how to check these.  My risk factor is really bad because only thing being reported is the lien.  

If I decide I want to pay for my equifax report. where do I go to find it.  I googled equifax business report and it brought me to a site but it is very confusing because it gives me the option to check several businesses.  I only have one.  

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Couple questions.  I just checked my business basic info on Nav.com and was thinking about checking Equifax because I basically have nothing reporting on Experian other than a tax lien.   But I know I currently have one open loan and bus cc.  So I'm wondering how to check these.  My risk factor is really bad because only thing being reported is the lien.  

If I decide I want to pay for my equifax report. where do I go to find it.  I googled equifax business report and it brought me to a site but it is very confusing because it gives me the option to check several businesses.  I only have one.  

You were in the right place at Equifax, the service will allow you to check multiple business, you just pull the report on your business.

I have been a sole proprietor of one or more businesses for 17+ years.

My current entity has been an LLC for just over 2 years, I also added a DBA to it 6 months ago.

The bureaus have had no problems tying my DBA to the LLC within a month of it happening.

My EX was also empty until recently.  I searched out a few ways to get some tradelines on EX.

My EQ was robust going back the 12 years that this entitiy existed although some of it was erroneous.

My BoA CCs which have significant, but not huge credit lines do not report to EX.  It appears they report to EQ, but I no longer have the ability to pull my own EQ since I pointed out all of their mistakes.  They are positive trade lines, so I see no need to poke the bear more than I have already done.

Its probably worth pulling your EQ to see what's on it.  You are going to need a lot of positive to cover up a tax lien.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You were in the right place at Equifax, the service will allow you to check multiple business, you just pull the report on your business.

I have been a sole proprietor of one or more businesses for 17+ years.

My current entity has been an LLC for just over 2 years, I also added a DBA to it 6 months ago.

The bureaus have had no problems tying my DBA to the LLC within a month of it happening.

My EX was also empty until recently.  I searched out a few ways to get some tradelines on EX.

My EQ was robust going back the 12 years that this entitiy existed although some of it was erroneous.

My BoA CCs which have significant, but not huge credit lines do not report to EX.  It appears they report to EQ, but I no longer have the ability to pull my own EQ since I pointed out all of their mistakes.  They are positive trade lines, so I see no need to poke the bear more than I have already done.

Its probably worth pulling your EQ to see what's on it.  You are going to need a lot of positive to cover up a tax lien.

thanks inverse.  Yeah the tax lien should be gone this year.  I have been in business for almost 17 years and incorporated for 15 so I've had lots of ups and downs over the years and should have lots of positive info on there, too.  Any idea how long information stays on your business reports. Is it 7years like personal reports.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any idea how long information stays on your business reports. Is it 7years like personal reports.

I don't know, but based upon my EQ report, I would say forever

Message 8 of 10
Rossdaniel87
Established Member

Im really trying to get into this whole business credit thing. I do not have a EIN, or a formal LLC.

however, after some research, i went after a couple compelling offers that happened to be business cards.

AMEX Blue For Business, instant approval for $8,000(meanwhile they denied my Personal Delta app for too many inqs. go figure)

Citi AA Business, instant approval for $7,000.(also got a SP cli of 50% on my personal same day)

its been two weeks for the AMEX and i have not seen a HP. the Citi was today, and as of yet no HP there either.

i signed up for Nav and it gave me my personal score, how long should i expect it to take for these accounts to report and a business score to generate?

Personal:

Business:

Closed:too many to list
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply for these cards solely in the business name or did you put yourself as a personal guarantor? I'm no expert but if your business doesn't have an EIN...I don't believe it will report to your business credit. Net 30 accounts will report to aDun and Bradstreet without one but. It sure about credit cards. I have a staples business credit card that I've had for over 3 yrs...they entered the EIN number incorrectly and it has never reported to my business. I just opened a capital one card that reported within a month.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.