Not applicable

Re: Business Credit Section

great thread!

a lot of people could use that info!
Message 11 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Might be time to sticky a thread consisting of nothing but links to myFICO forums biz credit threads.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding credit score and business cards I found that my business card balance never shows up on my personal credit report. That's great since I have a zero bal on my personal cards but several thousand on my bus card. I suggest trying Advanta, no annual fees, reasonable rates 6.9% - 8.9%
Message 13 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Advanta is great, you do have to PG it. but watch if you carry a balance, they will rate jack you!
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like every cc you have to make sure you make the payments on time. I think the rate jacking for late or missed payments are disgusting however I will admit that the disclosure is all there for someone to read. If you have to leave a balance then you have to leave a balance. I'm constantly offered bal trans at 6.9%. But since my other cc's are zero I never take advantage of them.
Message 15 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I said nothing about being late for ratejack.
Advanta constantly reviews there accounts internally and changes risk scores (according to them).
I agree, CLD and interest rate increases are expected if your late or over your limit.
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had an S-corp for 7 years and I've never checked it.  I guess I'd better get online and do it.  Dang, what a waste of time.  One thing though, can you just go online and start accounts (the Net30) like in Office Depot or do you actually have to go in a branch and fill out forms?
Message 17 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

office depot is a credit card, not net 30. you can apply online
usually net 30 accounts come from your suppliers and such
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

with biz credit......do they only report you if you are 30 days late? when do they report things?
Message 19 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

most report monthly like a regular credit card.
tehe question is to what business credit they report to.
some only Equifax, some D&B, some to nothing.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.