Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Business Vendor Credit Utilization ***

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*** Business Vendor Credit Utilization ***

Hi, I am building business credit and I will be applying for vendor accounts in the coming weeks BUT I had a concern/question. I know personal credit very well but I know business credit is different SO is there a certain percentage of the vendor account I need to use for business credit to be reported properly? For example, I know personal credit you have to use at least 1% of the account. So if you had a $300 capital one card, you need to use at least 3 dollars of it or more. But is this true with business credit? I had someone tell me I need to use 30% of the vendor account and pay it over time but it didn't seem right to me. Say the vendor account was $1,000, could I just purchase $20 of stuff with it and pay that $20 bucks back early to get my paydex to 90 or 100 and do that a few times over like you would personal credit? Or do I really need to use 30% of the vendor account?

If anyone could clarify this for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: *** Business Vendor Credit Utilization ***

Welcome to the forum 

Business credit is not like personal 

No need to watch UTL you can spend 100% of the limit and let it report w/o it be seen as a negative 

In fact some lender use this info to determine if you need a higher limit 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *** Business Vendor Credit Utilization ***

I found out it's $50 dollars. At least that's what 2 people have told me. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.