Reply
Member
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎06-07-2013
0

Business banking account/ lender check?

I have a smll business and I am thinking about applying for a busines LOC from a company called Horizon. They wanted the standard information, plus three months of our business account bank statements. My question on that is that if I supply them with those statements, would the have access or be able to get information from my bank about the company or the account? I want to protect our privacy and was just curious if the bank would disclose any of that information without our direct consent. Thanks,

AMEX Gold *NPSL*, AMEX BCE $9,900, AMEX Delta Gold $2,000, Premier Bank $300
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,694
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Business banking account/ lender check?


86 wrote:

I have a smll business and I am thinking about applying for a busines LOC from a company called Horizon. They wanted the standard information, plus three months of our business account bank statements. My question on that is that if I supply them with those statements, would the have access or be able to get information from my bank about the company or the account? I want to protect our privacy and was just curious if the bank would disclose any of that information without our direct consent. Thanks,


No

In my honest opinion they have no authorization to access banking info but simply want to see how much money is going through your accounts as in bottom line profitable or not (financial risk) for them.

 

Others will chime in to verify but I'm fairly certain the only banking info that can be obtained is yes you have an account that's it.

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Established Contributor
Posts: 937
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: Business banking account/ lender check?

No, if you supply them 3 months of paper statements the info they get is what's on the statements - nothing more. Your bank will not release more information without your approval. With that said there is a lot of info on that statement as it lays out your income (deposits) and expenditures (checks or other payments).

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,252
Registered: ‎09-14-2012
0

Re: Business banking account/ lender check?

Horizon is not a full line of credit, they are a Merchant Cash Advance companmy, they are looking to see how much you have in monthly credit card transactions.

Never take credit personally

Amex BCP $24,900; Chase Sapphire Preferred $24,200; Chase Marriott $20,000; Discover It $12,500; Chase Ink Cash $15,000; Chase Slate $13,500; Citi TYP $12,900; Capital One Venture $15,000; Amex SPG Biz $3,000; DCU Visa $10,000; Logix FCU $15,000; Citi Home Depot $8,800; Lowes $8,000; Care Credit $6,000; Penfed Platinum Sig $16,000; Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC $15,000; US Bank PLOC Overdraft $1,500; US Bank Perks+ Visa Signature $8,600; US Bank Edge Rewards Business $10,000; PenFed PLOC $5,000

Epic Contributor
Posts: 23,258
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Business banking account/ lender check?


sccredit wrote:

Horizon is not a full line of credit, they are a Merchant Cash Advance companmy, they are looking to see how much you have in monthly credit card transactions.


DONT DO IT!

Cash Advance Line of Credit... 

If you need emergency line of credit... get 2 PayPal accounts and a Bill Me Later account and you can cash advance yourself a payment to the other paypal account and it will only cost you the paypal fee and regular interest until paid off!

who do you bank with? They don't have a line of credit or overdraft line of credit you could access instead?

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,252
Registered: ‎09-14-2012
0

Re: Business banking account/ lender check?


Creditaddict wrote:

sccredit wrote:

Horizon is not a full line of credit, they are a Merchant Cash Advance companmy, they are looking to see how much you have in monthly credit card transactions.


DONT DO IT!

Cash Advance Line of Credit... 

If you need emergency line of credit... get 2 PayPal accounts and a Bill Me Later account and you can cash advance yourself a payment to the other paypal account and it will only cost you the paypal fee and regular interest until paid off!

who do you bank with? They don't have a line of credit or overdraft line of credit you could access instead?


Merchant Cash Advance is different.  A Merchant Cash Advance is basically a loan against a company's credit card receipts.  Say your company does $150k a month a CC business.  They would advance something like $100k against that and then take 25% of ACH deppsits over the next 4 months to pay it back.  Interest rates are in the 15%-20% range though, similar to most asset based lending type facility.

Never take credit personally

Amex BCP $24,900; Chase Sapphire Preferred $24,200; Chase Marriott $20,000; Discover It $12,500; Chase Ink Cash $15,000; Chase Slate $13,500; Citi TYP $12,900; Capital One Venture $15,000; Amex SPG Biz $3,000; DCU Visa $10,000; Logix FCU $15,000; Citi Home Depot $8,800; Lowes $8,000; Care Credit $6,000; Penfed Platinum Sig $16,000; Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC $15,000; US Bank PLOC Overdraft $1,500; US Bank Perks+ Visa Signature $8,600; US Bank Edge Rewards Business $10,000; PenFed PLOC $5,000

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.