Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit cards question

tag
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Business credit cards question

I have a business credit card for my own company. When I applied for it, the inquiry showed up on my personal credit report, but the account for this card and its balance does not show up on my credit report. I currently have personal credit cards with balances. Would it make sense to transfer those balances to my business credit card (or open a second business credit card for that purpose)? That way, the debt won't be on my personal credit report, and my FICO scores will go up. (That is the ultimate goal, so I can qualify for an auto loan). Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Business credit cards question

@kal9988 wrote:

I have a business credit card for my own company. When I applied for it, the inquiry showed up on my personal credit report, but the account for this card and its balance does not show up on my credit report. I currently have personal credit cards with balances. Would it make sense to transfer those balances to my business credit card (or open a second business credit card for that purpose)? That way, the debt won't be on my personal credit report, and my FICO scores will go up. (That is the ultimate goal, so I can qualify for an auto loan). Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes. Note: some credit cards companies report business credit cards to personal credit report, while others do not.

Consider the 3% BT fee though and if its worth it for you.

Message 2 of 10
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Thanks! How do I know which companies report business cards to personal credit reports, and which don't?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kal9988 wrote:

Thanks! How do I know which companies report business cards to personal credit reports, and which don't?

The only one I can think of that does is Cap One. Amex, Chase, and BOA do not.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kal9988 wrote:

The companies that don't report business cards to personal reports are,

1) Chase

2) Amex

3) US Bank

4) Citibank

5) BOA

6) Barclays

7) BJs Business Mastercard and so on.

CAP 1 business cards report to personal reports so be weary of them although they are good cards to have...

Message 5 of 10
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kal9988 wrote:

Thanks so much!

You are welcome.. Also this -I have a business credit card for my own company. When I applied for it, the inquiry showed up on my personal credit report, but the account for this card and its balance does not show up on my credit report. I currently have personal credit cards with balances. Would it make sense to transfer those balances to my business credit card (or open a second business credit card for that purpose)? That way, the debt won't be on my personal credit report, and my FICO scores will go up. (That is the ultimate goal, so I can qualify for an auto loan). Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes, it does make sense but keep in mind should you default, it will be reported to your personal credit.

Message 7 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

Was in the middle of replying to this post when the thread got moved and my whole response was erased. Not going to retype the whole thing but I wouldnt recommend doing a BT as you will have to eat those fees (in extreme cases it may be worth it). Just pay the new charges with the biz cards and work on paying down your personal cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 10
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if the U.S. Bank Business Edge Platinum card reports to personal credit reports?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kal9988 wrote:

Does anyone know if the U.S. Bank Business Edge Platinum card reports to personal credit reports?

No, it doesn't report to personal report.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.