Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business credit cards

Hi everyone. I am trying to help my sister. She has had a buisnes for 4 years and really needs to get a business credit card. She has personal cards but needs to separate business expenses from personal. What is a good business card to start with? She does not have a tax is number yet. I know she can use get Social number for now. I am typing on my phone so sorry for any misspellings.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business credit cards

There's a "sticky" post on this very forum that's a bit old but not outdated by much.  Start there.

Business credit is VERY EASY to build, and also very easy to screw up.  It just takes time, some patience, and a good meticulous use of paying on time or preferably well ahead of time.

If she has a business for 4 years without an EIN, she's throwing money away totally and completely.  The first thing she should do is IMMEDIATELY find out if she can incorporate, if there is any backdating she can do on the income she earned last year (or prior years), and become official.  Sole proprietorship is the worst tax situation to be in.  S-corp makes sense even for many small one person shops.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.