Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit question...

tag
crippus
Contributor

Business credit question...

I am new to the business credit world, and have a few questions.

My business is new, and I have only been running it full time for the last 6 months. That being said, the volume of business and verifiable deposits and income in 2016 has been outstanding. 2015 I did it parttime, so business tax returns won't reflect where we are now. Personal credit scores are 660-737. 737 i Equifax, which is completely clean and long history with over 40 accounts. TU is next at 683, but both that and the Exp have 2 old collections I am trying to delete.

We have multiple business bank accts with BOA, and were recently approved for a $4000 business card after being preselected for one, based on the TU not being over 700, newish business, and no business credit. Here are the questions I have if anyone can help:

1. Are there any accurate preapproval business cc sites?

2. I am a member of Navy FCU, wondering if that may be the answer?

We do use our personal credit cards for business often, so if I don't pay in full before the statement updates, which is hard to stay on top of when you are working 70 hrs a week getting your business cranking, it holds my score down a bit, so I'd love to get some nice business cards.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business credit question...

I'm surprised there has been no response to your post yet, so I'm bumping it for you. I don't believe there are any business card pre-qualifiers out there, but I'm not 100% sure. I know Amex likes to send me pre-approved offers for their business cards, but that could be because I am a member already. Since you prefer to be able to carry a balance from time to time, I would recommend Amex's Simply Cash Plus card (it's a business revolver). I'm not familiar with  Navy FCU, so hopefully someone else can help you with that question.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My business has all of our banking accounts with Navy Federal and we love it. Their checking accounts earn interest and have virtually no fees. We also have their business MasterCard with a $10k limit and a vehicle Loan for the business with a 3% rate. When we began our banking relationship with navy federal the business has no credit either. As long as you have halfway decent credit they'll give you a good SL. Let me know if you have any other questions. Been happy NFCU Biz member since 2012 and never looked back
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Agreed sorry no one helped until now 

NFCU should be your first stop followed by Chase (ink cards) 

Next up Amex would love to do business with you 

That would get you everything you need for the next step in business credit 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
crippus
Contributor

Perfect and thanks to everyone for the advice. Got Ng to work on this and report backSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

After having BoA and Chase Ink cards for our business for more than six months, Amex started sending us the business card products with pre-qualifyoffers. I guess they are proactive on business side too..
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.