cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get approved for a Office Depot business card with a home business address?

tag
tlfinley
Established Member

Can I get approved for a Office Depot business card with a home business address?

Can I get approved for a Office Depot business card with a home business address?  I am a sole proprietership working from home.I am trying to establish business credit. My personal credit score is not so good. I got denied for a Quill account because they told me during the underwriting process, my business address was a home address

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Project17
New Contributor

Re: Can I get approved for a Office Depot business card with a home business address?

Office Depot is not a starter account and requires a decent business credit file.. Quill is considered a starter account and if denied that you have to look else where.. I have never heard them complain about home based businesses before. I work with people helping them build credit and I have 3 companies myself and never had a issue with them.

You need to form a LLC or Corp to really obtain biz credit.. Sole props are tough to get credit for and may pull your personal credit not to mention your personally liable for any and all debts.
Message 2 of 6
tlfinley
Established Member

Re: Can I get approved for a Office Depot business card with a home business address?

Thanks! I was a little disappointed that I was denied. Quill was the first inquiry that I requested credit for. I guess I will just wait untill I change to a llc. Also, I was lookin into a virtual office like Regus to get a physical office address. Is this a good idea? I didnt know just because I have a home office that i would get declined.

Message 3 of 6
Project17
New Contributor

No Regus is even a worse idea.. These virtual offices can get you flagged and hurt your chances of obtaining credit. Like I said I have never ever had a issue personally or with others obtaining credit from quill using a home address. I think its more a issue of being a sole prop then anything else. Form your LLC and then create a account online with Quill , order something using a credit card and then about a week later place another order for around $50 and use the bill account option at check out and see what happens.

Message 4 of 6
tlfinley
Established Member

I am going to try that. Maybe I should have ordered something first from the beginning with a credit card. hmmm... Any hoot, great advice, thanks alot! Applied bank business credit did approve me for 350.00 under the business name, but they did require my social. I hope i can report that card on on my business profile.

Message 5 of 6
Project17
New Contributor

Bad news that doesn't report.. It's just a glorified personal card with fee's.. Beforing applying for anything else get a LLC set up.. The process will be a lot easier with it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.