Frequent Contributor
CreditJim

Cap One Spark Classic CLI / PC denied

After having luck having credit increases to my two Capital One personal cards and a PC to the Venture on one of them, I tried today calling to see if I had any offers to upgrade the Spark Classic that we've had for our business since 04/12. They said it was not eligible for any upgrades. Asked for a CLI, also denied. The limit is at $750 after the 'credit step' from $500 - making it unusable to our business. The business just over a year old now and we always have around $20k sat in our Cap One business checking account. We need to take on our first full time employee soon and I'll need to issue them with a company card for business travel expenses, so I'm probably going to have to go back down the executive office route again to try to get a useable limit on the Spark. Ridiculous.

Barclays Arrival Plus WEMC $17.2k | Citi Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver World MC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Amex Business Platinum | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $3.5k | Spark Visa $8k | Chase BA Visa Sig $7.5k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Citi AA World MC $2k | Quicksilver MC $5k | Lowe's Store $17k | Walmart Store $3300 | Amazon Store $2500 | J Crew $2600
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Cap One Spark Classic CLI / PC denied

breedo wrote:

After having luck having credit increases to my two Capital One personal cards and a PC to the Venture on one of them, I tried today calling to see if I had any offers to upgrade the Spark Classic that we've had for our business since 04/12. They said it was not eligible for any upgrades. Asked for a CLI, also denied. The limit is at $750 after the 'credit step' from $500 - making it unusable to our business. The business just over a year old now and we always have around $20k sat in our Cap One business checking account. We need to take on our first full time employee soon and I'll need to issue them with a company card for business travel expenses, so I'm probably going to have to go back down the executive office route again to try to get a useable limit on the Spark. Ridiculous.

If you have that kind of cash that doesnt need to be used you need to get into an American Express Charge Card, ESPECIALLY if looking to issue employee cards, I have a feeling they wouldn't be so interested in having your terrible $750 limit Capital One Card on their credit reports!

Capital One reports the business cards to personal credit.... I'm not 100% on if the business cards report to all AU credit too but I know for sure Amex doesn't and if this person needs to travel, $750 probably isn't a help either....

Try Exec office and then move on to a better bank for business!!

(Dont read any of this as negative or stupid, I have gone through much of it in past with my bussines so obviously im generalizing when I say your employee doesn't want your crap card!) i haven't always wanted my crap cards for business before even issueing to an employee! :smileyhappy:

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
CreditJim

I never even thought about the TL reporting to an AU's credit reports. I've just been looking at Amex's products, the Gold would be a perfect fit for our business as that what I've had when I've worked at a similar small business. I just don't know if I would be accepted as I've been rebuilding my credit lately and my scores are only around 651. In any case, I wouldn't be able to apply as the Amex online form says the business legal name cannot begin with a number, which ours does!

Barclays Arrival Plus WEMC $17.2k | Citi Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver World MC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Amex Business Platinum | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $3.5k | Spark Visa $8k | Chase BA Visa Sig $7.5k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Citi AA World MC $2k | Quicksilver MC $5k | Lowe's Store $17k | Walmart Store $3300 | Amazon Store $2500 | J Crew $2600
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

breedo wrote:

I never even thought about the TL reporting to an AU's credit reports. I've just been looking at Amex's products, the Gold would be a perfect fit for our business as that what I've had when I've worked at a similar small business. I just don't know if I would be accepted as I've been rebuilding my credit lately and my scores are only around 651. In any case, I wouldn't be able to apply as the Amex online form says the business legal name cannot begin with a number, which ours does!

Depending what is on reports to get the 650 it might get you a business charge.  I would't worry about the business name when it comes to the application, it most likely will just go through the auto system and go on your credit... once approved then you can go back and get the name corrected and send out new cards again... so use words for numbers sort of thing... if they do care about matching up the name or whate not then they can do it manually.

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
CreditJim

*Update* I'm pretty sure the Cap One Spark doesn't report on users' credit reports as it's not on my wife's, and has a card issued to her. I've just asked the EO to take a look at the limit, so fingers crossed to see what they come back with!

Valued Contributor
GregB

My $20K CapOne Spark Business Card does not report to other users credit reports. It only reports to mine and does clearly say "Business CC". It is not included in Utilization calculations on most scoring systems.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+