Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Spark Business Denial...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

CapOne Spark Business Denial...

I personally have 3 CapOne cards that are all several years old, and none have ever had a late payment. Today our business got a letter in the mail advertising Spark Business and I thought I would sign up for it. My business has been around for 102 years, we have yearly sales between 500K and 1 million dollars and have no debt. I personally have decent scores as well.

After I applied though it told me that they couldn't approve my application. Any thoughts on why this might be???

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapOne Spark Business Denial...

@KeithW wrote:

I personally have 3 CapOne cards that are all several years old, and none have ever had a late payment. Today our business got a letter in the mail advertising Spark Business and I thought I would sign up for it. My business has been around for 102 years, we have yearly sales between 500K and 1 million dollars and have no debt. I personally have decent scores as well.

After I applied though it told me that they couldn't approve my application. Any thoughts on why this might be???

cap1 pulls all 3 personal credit reports but basis approvals on your EQ which is your lowest but I would send an email to the .... google "Capital one president email address" and send an email just short and sweet...

"I have been cap 1 personal cardholder customer for years and have 3 accounts and recently got an offer for my business and applied and was denied, i would like to have this application reconsidered.

thank you

and leave a contact number like a cell, they will probably call you monday to go over reconsidering"

Message 2 of 4
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I will give that a shot. I still have the number for their executive offices, which are the ones that have given me CLIs in the past.

It looks like they pulled my TU report.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 4
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I talked to the executive offices and they sent my application to the underwriters. They denied it based on the fact that my utilization was up at 50%, as I had used my rewards card for business expenses and they reported before I got re-imbursed for them.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.