Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Application Nightmare

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Spark Application Nightmare

I just experienced this very issue with CapitalOne today! 

I applied for a Sparks business card, was approved. (Long time CapitalOne member, high 700s credit score) received the card today, attempted to set up and was forwarded to fraud department.  The guy that answered really didn't act professional, claimed to be a supervisor and was confused as to why I was directed to his department.  After the normal verification information was provided he told me I needed to send him a photo of both sides of my drivers license to activate this account. I asked on what grounds.  His answer wasn't clear, "sometimes they do that,"  I became concerned.  He then said I'll send you to the link, what is the best email address.  I kurtly replied, you have my consent to send it to me.  He would not, based on the fact I wouldn't tell him my email address.  At this point I'm not even confident I'm talking to a CapitalOne employee!  So frustrating!!!!  I asked if CapitalOne has a FAQ area I could validate this never heard of before security practice. He said no. I clarified that he identified himself as a manager yet wasn't aware of the companies policies and or where to verify them.  He then said, we have managers but none to talk to on the weekends (its Saturday).  Super sketchy.  I'm not sure I even want this account.  They don't have professionalism.  

Anyone have feedback or the same experience?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Spark Application Nightmare

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

I've moved your post to a new thread in our 'Business Credit' section for better exposure.

--UncleB

myFICO Moderator

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.