cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Business Card Upgrade!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Capital One Spark Business Card Upgrade!

So about 2 weeks ago i emailed in to the famuos Capital One CEO Email, asking for 2% Cash Back on my Spark Business Card with no annual fee, instead of the 1.5% cash back i'm currently getting.

Earlier this morning I got a call from a very nice rep from the Executive Office, after verification questions we talked and she offered to upgrade me to the 2% Cash Back and a waived annual fee for the year, she said i can call back when my annual fee comes due and ask for another waiver or a permanent removal forever. Smiley Very Happy

When we were ending the call I thanked her and said how awesome they have been to me recently and were so quick to get my business name updated on my account where as bank of america took a month, she was shocked how they took a month and she said "at Capital One we try our best to help our customer in a timely mannor so your not having to wait becasue we realize time is important to you"....... something like that.......LOL! I then said how awesome it was when i had a new quicksilver card sent to me with a chip in it how fast they sent it to me and they even renewed it an extra year eventhough they didn't have to, and that was awesome! She really liked what I had to say and was very eager to help me out! Smiley Very Happy

So in a few days i should see my reward rate change from 1.5 to 2%..... I did tell her I don't need a new card but i wonder if i will still get one as it may be automatically processed for one..... we will see..... I know way back with my origional $300 card back in 2012 they added cash back rewards without having to send me a new card cuz they were cool like that! LOL! We'll see! Smiley Wink

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark Business Card Upgrade!

Usually the new rewards structure is applied to your account before you even get off the phone 

The person calling you back can make that call and modify in the system

Go into your rewards section and you should see it there 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Current Cash Balance
$72.61 cash

My Earn Summary

2% cash back on every purchase

Edit tried to do a screen shot but the format changed sorry

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 3 of 8
linux007969
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Usually the new rewards structure is applied to your account before you even get off the phone 

She pulled up the offer for it that was already sitting in my account, and applied it and then put in the annual fee waiver, so i think that is why it's not as instant.

Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

She pulled up the offer for it that was already sitting in my account, and applied it and then put in the annual fee waiver, so i think that is why it's not as instant.

The reward adding has always been while on phone, have you checked it?

AF she'll call you back on she has to clear that but she has the authority to enter the reward change then and there ....They did in my case and that was 2 1/2 years ago 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 8
linux007969
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

AF she'll call you back on she has to clear that but she has the authority to enter the reward change then and there ....They did in my case and that was 2 1/2 years ago 

Things can change, she's not calling me back on an annual fee as she is waiving it, the rewards change was an upgrade and she read off a disclosure about the change even threw in something about miles converting to cash i don't know why but she was reading it off and said i will not be able to participate in offers for 6 months...... so she did the standard stuff a front level rep would have done but with the annual fee waiver as well.

Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Things can change, she's not calling me back on an annual fee as she is waiving it, the rewards change was an upgrade and she read off a disclosure about the change even threw in something about miles converting to cash i don't know why but she was reading it off and said i will not be able to participate in offers for 6 months...... so she did the standard stuff a front level rep would have done but with the annual fee waiver as well.

Yeah you're right thing can change Lol

I was the first to discover that they would update the rewards system and have been spreading the word since 

No doubt tho you'll have success 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 8
linux007969
Established Contributor

I got a call from my EO rep and she called to let me know that she personally went in and placed a credit of $59 on my account to offset my annual fee as she didn't know when it would come through..... (if she would have looked a bit she would have seen it would come through in the beginging of next year) So ya when it comes through in the beginging of next year i just have to remember that it was credited prior to offset it.

I asked about my 2% rewards and she said it should take place within 5 days as she didn't even see a letter generated on my account yet confirming the upgrade.

So aparently even with manual interventon an automated system still needs to process the reguest out....... LOL! Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.