cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Classic to Spark Cash?

tag
mattun
Established Member

Capital One Spark Classic to Spark Cash?

So I've failed in the past to get a Spark Cash Business Card.  Capital One really doesn't like something about my report (probably too much available credit and inquires).  Last year I was able to convert the useless generic Platinum card they rebranded my old Orchard 2% card with into a Venture card (another I've been rejected for in the past).  So it got me thinking, maybe my solid FICO allows me to upgrade to better cards with annual fees, but my past shenanigans are blocking me from their high end products when I apply for new accounts (maybe I appear to be just chasing sign up bonus offers when they scan my report?). So I was thinking maybe I should go after their low end stuff and convert later. Has anybody pulled that off?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Spark Classic to Spark Cash?

Yes.

I got a Spark Classic in January with 620s and just PC'd it to a Spark Miles Select with 660s. Smiley Happy Can be done.
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Why not app classic and in 6 months request EO to upgrade rewards to your choice miles or cashback (2% or 2X) 

No AF this way but same rewards structure 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have a Spark Classic that was upgraded through EO a couple months later to Spark Cash... it's a Gold Card but pays me 2% Cash Back of the Green Card!

They refuse to issue me the green card. lol

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.