Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Spark

I'm looking at it and the only negative reviews I'm seeing are due to the fact that it gets reported to personal credit, which apparently is an issue for some.

Anything I'm missing?

$500 Sign Up Bonus (Huge Plus)
Waived first AF (Big Plus) then 2nd year only $59!
No FTF (Big Plus)
2% CashBack every transaction (Big Plus)

Is the reporting to personal the only downside?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Spark

Reporting to your personal is only a downside if you carry a balance. I have this card and it works good for me 2% back on any purchase and I don't have to worry about categories.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it would depend on your CL then. Because to get the bonus is 4.5k spend but what if you only get a 5k-CL
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my card virtually every day.  It works great and the 2% is easy to earn.  The only downside for me was the 3 CRA pulls to get it and of course reporting to personal credit.

Mine started out as a classic and then upgraded all the way to the Green 2% card so I missed out on the SUB.  But I would think it would be able to achieve the SUB fairly easily even with a smallish CL.  Just might have to pay it off a couple times a month. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it a triple HP for this card for you too YouKnowWho?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have one of these.  We added a Chase Ink this year also. We have a lot of the bonus spending and shop  with chase.  All the misc goes on Spark  

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting...95% of our spend is on "misc" (overseas purchasing), so it's basically who has the best benefits for that?

We have Chase Ink Cash & Preffered which if transferring to an airline adds up to close to 2%, and BofA Travel with their 1.5% Travel redemption.

But CapOne is offering 2% every time. We literally just bought about 8k of inventory though which wasn't going towards any bonus spend on cards just regular spend so that's sad because we could've just got the $500 from Spark for it.
Message 7 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Matt, I have the no Af version. It was a triple pull, SL was $10k... SUb was $200, which I hit the first month
I have no issues with the card, and I generally run $5k per month thru it and PIF
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was a triple pull and like alottaacards I started with the classic and upgraded to 2% card but cap one is good with multiple payments so if you end up with a low limit just make 2 or three payments before the month is up and you should be able to meet spend requirements,also you can have it set up to send you a check in increments like $25 or $50 or higher and the checks just show up at your house. I even forgot I had that set up I'm like what the heck is cap one sending me and to my suprise it's a check. Sweet!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Biz owner here. Never had a business credit card. Looking to get one though. My credit scores in all three bureaus are 682-685. No deliquents at all or judgments, just high debt for student loans (which are all current). All the forums state that Spark Classic is the best, however I'm looking to get the Spark Select. Been in business since 2010 with no negative information on my D&B report.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.