Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Still showing some love. Spark cli but QS cli denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Still showing some love. Spark cli but QS cli denial

Just wanted to post a data point.  As we have seen a lot of unusual activity from Cap 1 lately.  CL reductions, account closures, and not being as generous with the cl increases.

I have a cap 1 qs that should be eligible for an increase.  Been six months since the last one.  

Have been carrying a 0% balance for about 3 or 4 months and just paid it off.  Was paying just a cpl hundred a month up until I pif.  

Denied for payments too low.  So I will start using it to pay household bills again and try again a few months. I believe then I will get some love on this one too.   

I also have a spark business card that is just over 2 years old.  I have gotten steady increases on it since I got it.  

Starting limit 500

Don't remember the exact dates but basicall every 6 months I have gotten a cli.  

It was sitting at 8000 today and I decided to push the button.  I was fully expecting to get a denial this go around because it seems that they are tightening up quite a bit.  

But luckily I received a bump to 11000.   so a 3000 dollar increase.  

I run on average between 1500 to 4000 through the card every month and normally pif.  

My scores are all in the 700 range and my inquiries are eq 9, tu 3, ex 3.

3 REPLIES 3
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Still showing love. Spark cli

Congrats! I, too,  got 3k increases on my two cap one cards last month, but I don't think I'm going to ask for any more until we get a better understanding of what's going on with them.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Still showing some love. Spark cli but QS cli denial

Did you get an auto CLI on your sparks card? Opened my sparks in December and have been practically maxing it out several times a month and paying it multiple times each month...no balance reporting. I heard they like to see usage. Hoping to get a nice CLI...I guess 6 months after I opened it?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Still showing some love. Spark cli but QS cli denial

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you get an auto CLI on your sparks card? Opened my sparks in December and have been practically maxing it out several times a month and paying it multiple times each month...no balance reporting. I heard they like to see usage. Hoping to get a nice CLI...I guess 6 months after I opened it?

nahhhh.  I've always had to ask.  And I was denied a couple times for score too low.  But I was patient and luckily it's a sp, so about once a month I would ask till I got an increase and then I sit for six months and try again.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.