Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One mailer

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Capital One mailer

image.jpgThis is the third mailer I've gotten in the last 2 weeks from Capital One, are these pre approvals or just advertising? It has a access code and reservation number on all of them Smiley Happy just asking because I can never tell the difference between the two Smiley Surprised 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One mailer

The other two were for QuickSilver VS and Venture that I still have Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

The offers stinks for a biz card 

Last 2 months I've gotten the $1k for 10k spend 

Which IMHO sucks when the standard offer is usually $500 for $4500 spend 

Also moving to Biz

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are pre-approvals, and Cap1's pre-approvals are pretty solid. I'm loving that Spark offer - $500 bonus and 2% cashback - what's the annual fee after the intro period?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

The offers stinks for a biz card 

Last 2 months I've gotten the $1k for 10k spend 

Which IMHO sucks when the standard offer is usually $500 for $4500 spend 

Also moving to Biz

Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are pre-approvals, and Cap1's pre-approvals are pretty solid. I'm loving that Spark offer - $500 bonus and 2% cashback - what's the annual fee after the intro period?

AF $59

Can get the same rewards with the no AF and asking that rewards be upgraded to 2%Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Apr is 17.xx variable, no AF first year Smiley Surprised
Message 7 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

JustMe, intro period is $0 first year. I think I'll hold off on this offer Smiley Surprised
Message 8 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:

image.jpgThis is the third mailer I've gotten in the last 2 weeks from Capital One, are these pre approvals or just advertising? It has a access code and reservation number on all of them Smiley Happy just asking because I can never tell the difference between the two Smiley Surprised 

1. As to whether it's a prequalification, I can't tell from what's clear in the picture. Usually if it's got one interest rate, rather than a range, it's a prequalification.

2. A $600 cash bonus sounds great to me.

3. I have the card, and find it to be excellent so long as you don't mind it reporting on your personal credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 11
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I've not seen the $1k for $10k bonus offer yet.

Last year I accepted the $500 for spending $4500 offer for the Spark with no annual fee but only earns 1.5% cash back.

In their branches, you can get the card that earns 2% and has no annual fee even after the first year. If you ask nicely, they will match the bonus offer of $500 after $4500 spend.

When I asked, they would not upgrade the 1.5% card, so I ended up applying for new cards. 

There are a couple of downsides - Capital One will pull all three major bureaus (EQ, EX, TU) and will also report to both personal and business credit reports. Even with those disadvantages, I still use the card on a regular basis.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.