Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Business Denied on Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Business Denied on Recon

App went pending, called and denied.

Stated reason was too many recent credit cards (other slew of words, but that's what it boiled down to).  Wasn't the 5/24mo rule, as he said we want to see how you handle that before we can extend new credit or approve a new card (which sounds like, not going to move CL over).

I've had 3 cards USAA (21.8k), USAA Secured (250), and Military Star (8.4k) all for 4-5 years.  In the last 4 months or so I've applied and been approved for CSP (10k), Freedom (3.5k), Arrival+ (5k), Korean Air (9k).  I intend to close the Korean Air, and now probably Arrival+, at AF.

Should I try calling again, or just wait and try applying again in a few months?  Reason I was applying now is I have a 1.2-1.5k expense that needs to be paid in about 2 weeks, and a possible 3k expense (reimburseable) within 90 days.  Figured, might as well go for the next card I wanted when I know I can easily hit the min spend.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Business Denied on Recon

Sorry about the denial.. You can try calling again but Chase business recon is very firm on their denials and not easy to overturn like the personal cards.  I suggest you wait for your new accounts to age and then have at it again.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems that way, wouldn't even accept splitting my CSP CL.

What would be a good amount of time to wait?  2-3 months, so they cards are all over 6mo old, more?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What would be a good amount of time to wait?  2-3 months, so they cards are all over 6mo old, more?

I suggest you give it 6 months.. The more time you have between applications, the better.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I suggest you give it 6 months.. The more time you have between applications, the better.

6 mo isn't too bad, I have a target number of UR for next summer and that 50k bonus will ensure I have enough.  Just have to look at what big spend I know I'll have around the end of the year so I can hit the bonus.  There's 2-3 other cards I'm interested in, but didn't plan to do anything until 3rd or 4th quater next year on those.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase can be really picky sometimes. I've gotten a denial from them that made no sense and really seemed to be them reaching for a reason to say no.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.