cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase InK Cash

Valued Member

Chase InK Cash

Hi to all! Glad to be a part of the forum. Lots of great shared info to absorb. I applied for chase ink cash card and received the ten day message! Then I got impatient ,called to check the status of app one day later and rep told me I was denied because of not having enough of a major card history on file such as mastercard, visa etc! She said they need to see more of  a payment history! I only have  Macy's card and openskyy cc. My score is mid 600's , 1 inquiry no delinquents collections etc.  This was for my business which I used my ein and ssn! I would like to know if  i should try for a reconsider or wait a few months. Also, I was approved for a Spark classic just the night before applying for the chase. Thanks in advance.

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
9 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Chase InK Cash


johnstics wrote:

Hi to all! Glad to be a part of the forum. Lots of great shared info to absorb. I applied for chase ink cash card and received the ten day message! Then I got impatient ,called to check the status of app one day later and rep told me I was denied because of not having enough of a major card history on file such as mastercard, visa etc! She said they need to see more of  a payment history! I only have  Macy's card and openskyy cc. My score is mid 600's , 1 inquiry no delinquents collections etc.  This was for my business which I used my ein and ssn! I would like to know if  i should try for a reconsider or wait a few months. Also, I was approved for a Spark classic just the night before applying for the chase. Thanks in advance.


Welcome to the forum

Use the sparks for 6-9 months and try again sorry for the Ink denial but they like to see a year of CC history 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase InK Cash

I would hold off.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Member

Re: Chase InK Cash

I had the open sky for more than one year but I only got it to build up credit! I guess the small credit limit did not help my chances!  Consider myself starting from the ground up :0 Yes I agree I will work the sparks! thanks.

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Valued Member

Re: Chase InK Cash

I received chase ink denial letter today!     The reasons:

                                                                 

  1. credit report reflects judgements or delinquent accounts.  (one 60day late in2008) student loan

  2. Balances on revolving accouints are to high compared to credit limits.

  3.Too few accounts currently paid as agreed.

  4. Lack of recent installment loan information.


 So it looks like I need an installment loan of some type,  Pay down Balances and I guess have more accounts that pays as agreed!

Does anyone have an easy strategy to work on the above to get approved Down the road! Thanks.

 

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase InK Cash

Get an American Express gold charge card.
Carry that for 3 months and I bet chase will approve!
Super Contributor

Re: Chase InK Cash


Creditaddict wrote:
Get an American Express gold charge card.
Carry that for 3 months and I bet chase will approve!

Does seeing that you have an Amex really help to push chase along towards approval on business cards? I wanted to pick up the ink bold when I hit 7-8 months of active revolver history (one of those cards is a chase freedom). I have two closed out cards showing on my CR and a bunch of student loans in repayment and a personal loan I guaranteed that was paid off.   How difficult is it to get an amex business card as a sole prop? Would it be easier than getting a chase card?If I picked up an amex personal card would that be sufficient or does it need to be their business card?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 826 4/16/17, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase InK Cash


red259 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:
Get an American Express gold charge card.
Carry that for 3 months and I bet chase will approve!

Does seeing that you have an Amex really help to push chase along towards approval on business cards? I wanted to pick up the ink bold when I hit 7-8 months of active revolver history (one of those cards is a chase freedom). I have two closed out cards showing on my CR and a bunch of student loans in repayment and a personal loan I guaranteed that was paid off.   How difficult is it to get an amex business card as a sole prop? Would it be easier than getting a chase card?If I picked up an amex personal card would that be sufficient or does it need to be their business card?


The business charge would be easier to get than the chase ink cash.

personal amex would help make your credit profile stronger.

Valued Member

Re: Chase InK Cash

Red I was wondering the same thing!  Ive seen amex wants excellent credit!  What are the possibilties Credit Addict with good credit!

Today I went to my local credit union and did  a 12-month deposit loan to help establish more positve accounts. No hard pull was needed.

I'm still itching to try for the gold Smiley LOL

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase InK Cash

you have 1 INQ.... it won't hurt you if you are declined but you might just be surprised... go get yourself that pretty gold personal card.