Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink 5/24 rule

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Chase Ink 5/24 rule

Throwing this out there, because I just heard about it today. While Chase does not currently apply the 5/24 rule to their business card products it looks like that will be changing soon. The reports indicate most likely the Chase business cards will come under the 5/24 rule at some point in March. I have the Ink Bold and I have been waiting to apply for the Ink plus while my accounts age. I think at this point I will need to pull the trigger and hope for the best. I'm not happy because I have a lot of balances curretly reporting, but it is what it is. Hopefully my file is thick enough at this point that I won't run into an issue. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ink 5/24 rule

I seen maybe 2 cases within the last month but it could have been a combination of factors with the 2 profile I viewed 

I wouldn't jump the gun and say factual by no means yet

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I seen maybe 2 cases within the last month but it could have been a combination of factors with the 2 profile I viewed 

As mentioned in my original post this rumored to be taking effect in March, so nobody is saying it is in effect now. You can search Doctor of Credit for the article, because I am not sure if I am allowed to link that website here. I would hate for someone to take a wait and see attitude and then be shut out in March if/when the hammer drops. 

;
Message 3 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

As mentioned in my original post this rumored to be taking effect in March, so nobody is saying it is in effect now. You can search Doctor of Credit for the article, because I am not sure if I am allowed to link that website here. I would hate for someone to take a wait and see attitude and then be shut out in March if/when the hammer drops. 

I try not to put much faith in rumors or spread them and  that site is approved be linked here .....

That being said the denials I saw listed several reasons so they may have gotten the generic response is what I'm saying 

Question do you believe everything you read on the different credit sites Lol Of course not .....So I was just stating no need for mass panic on all things the word of Dr of credit report who's by far never close to 50% right ....I stopped reading the site long ago .....but hey that's just me and this is just my opinion....

Had it appeared on a more credible site I might weigh it more favorably tho

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I try not to put much faith in rumors or spread them and  that site is approved be linked here .....

That being said the denials I saw listed several reasons so they may have gotten the generic response is what I'm saying 

Question do you believe everything you read on the different credit sites Lol Of course not .....So I was just stating no need for mass panic on all things the word of Dr of credit report who's by far never close to 50% right ....I stopped reading the site long ago .....but hey that's just me and this is just my opinion....

Had it appeared on a more credible site I might weigh it more favorably tho

Again. Nobody is claiming the 5/24 is being applied to business cards at the moment, so whatever current denials are out there are not applicable to this report. The report is that they are going to start doing so in March 2016. I don't believe everything I read on the internet, but thought this was worthwhile information to pass along so people who are on the fence don't potentially get the window slammed in their face. We can't rely on Chase to annouce ahead of time their changes and once the change is made then its too late. I don't read DoC at all really, so I have no idea how reliable their reporting is other than they are claiming to have gotten this information from a trusted source (but this type of change by Chase wouldn't be that shocking). I was reading an article on a different blog which has been reliable in the past which linked to their report. The article is below and people can review it and make their own judgements about how they want to proceed, but at least they will know that there is a real possibility this could occur.  

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-credit-card-limits-to-soon-apply-to-business-cards/

;
Message 5 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Read this today as well.. More unhappy people will be around if this comes true.

Message 6 of 21
redpat
Senior Contributor

Timing is everything, got card in the mail on Monday......Whew!

60K sign-up and 5x rewards was just to hard to pass on, plus 2x gas.

UR points can accumulate rather quickly.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Would grab before this new policy takes effect, but chase loves Equifax and it can't take another hit... This pains me to see if this is really happening or going to happen March.  Lets hope it is just speculation.

Message 8 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would grab before this new policy takes effect, but chase loves Equifax and it can't take another hit... This pains me to see if this is really happening or going to happen March.  Lets hope it is just speculation.

I'm wondering how long I can wait before applying. I have heard some apps could take a few weeks to clear and I wouldn't want a situation where they changed their policy with my application still pending. Not sure how they would handle that, but it would make me nervous.

;
Message 9 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I'm wondering how long I can wait before applying. I have heard some apps could take a few weeks to clear and I wouldn't want a situation where they changed their policy with my application still pending. Not sure how they would handle that, but it would make me nervous.

End of Feb to be safe if you want it.. I would so go for it, but can't take the hit now Smiley Sad.. Just rumors at this time, but something tell me this person might know someone at chase how it was written.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.