cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Business cash approval & Alaska, B of A CLI within first 8 months...

tag
KAISMOM
Contributor

Chase Ink Business cash approval & Alaska, B of A CLI within first 8 months...

9 months in the garden. I just apped for the Chase Ink Business Cash, since I really needed a business card (first one!) I liked the 12 month 0% APR, $300 bonus, 2/5% categories and no yearly fee.

I got the 30 day, we'll contact you via mail speel. (I app for 1-2 cards a year). I called the number right away and was approved within 7 minutes. 12k limit.

Curious does Chase, especially with their business card apps have a different system for approvals? 

Alaska card: I did not ask for a CLI, they just gave it to me. I spent consistantly during first 7 months of 1.9% APR, paid down some of it, always on time. I currently have about 2k I need to pay off on that card. They rewarded me with a nice bump up. Jumped from 12k to 19k!

Not sure if that's the norm with the card. or within that time frame?

Happy non the lessSmiley Wink My Discover bumped up by 4k as well!

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Business cash approval & Alaska, B of A CLI within first 8 months...

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
KAISMOM
Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Business cash approval & Alaska, B of A CLI within first 8 months...

I forgot to ask, for anyone who has the Chase Ink Business Cash card, curious with my other cards (issuers) I get failrly consistant CLI, but I've noticed Ihaven't received any (SW & United). Is the Chase Ink Business different, or do you have to ask for a CLI? Don't need one now, just wondering...

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KAISMOM wrote:

I forgot to ask, for anyone who has the Chase Ink Business Cash card, curious with my other cards (issuers) I get failrly consistant CLI, but I've noticed Ihaven't received any (SW & United). Is the Chase Ink Business different, or do you have to ask for a CLI? Don't need one now, just wondering...

They very rarely give auto CLIs and vast majority of time,  you wont be successful with Chase.  They just arent generous wiht CLIs, either on the personal or business sides.

Congrats though on your approval.

Message 4 of 7
KAISMOM
Contributor

IRISH80 Wrote:

They very rarely give auto CLIs and vast majority of time,  you wont be successful with Chase.  They just arent generous wiht CLIs, either on the personal or business sides.

Thanks yes, happy to have gotten my first business card. I really needed one to help separate out expenses, also earning the bonus and the 5% category! Plus the 0% for 12 months will come in handy.

Yes, you're right/ I noticed with Chase, compared to B of A and Discover that are generous, Chase has never given me an automatic CLI, but neither have I asked. Yes, it does appear whatever you are given is what you have to work with. Though for me right now, 12k is fine as I'm a small business (under 70k. If at some point my income jumps or my needs change I would get another card, card issuer, or the higher income justifies a higher  starting limit.

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats KAISMOM, Thats a good starting limit for the starter card. I have couple of questions..

Which number did you call? and what did they ask you over the phone? which CRA they pulled and what is your scores?How old is your company? is it a Corporation?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
KAISMOM
Contributor

I called 1-800-220-5134 after I wasn't instantly approved. I am a sole proprietor (7 years @ 65K) They didin't acutally ask me anything. The person I spoke to said, "Let me work on your application..." and within about 5 minutes of establishing my identity he came back and said. "You're approved for 12k". It's my first business card, though I already have 3 co-branded personal Chase cards. They didin't ask me to provide documents. I suspect if I had a corporation, I had a higher income, with a higher starting limit, they may have asked for more.

Not sure what CRA they pulled, I will report back once I knowSmiley Wink
My scores on average are about 760, AAoA 6 years, oldest card 17 years, one 30 day late 2 years ago. UTL 3-4%

@Qasham

Which number did you call? and what did they ask you over the phone? which CRA they pulled and what is your scores? How old is your company? is it a Corporation?

Thank you.

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.