Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Cash Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Cash Question

Applied last week and got a 7-10 day message.

Today a letter came that said they couldn't provide a decision because they couldn't pull information.

They requested:
Verification of EIN
Verification of Business Address (This is the same as our home address is that okay?)
Verification of Articles of Organziation

Any thoughts on this? How do you get a verification of Business address can I just send an official piece of mail like from the state government or IRS with our address and the businesses name?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Cash Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Today a letter came that said they couldn't provide a decision because they couldn't pull information.

They requested:
Verification of EIN
Verification of Business Address (This is the same as our home address is that okay?)

Any thoughts on this? How do you get a verification of Business address can I just send an official piece of mail like from the state government or IRS with our address and the businesses name?

Most of businesses have "Registered Agent" address. You pay a small fee to get it and it becomes your legal address. Have to be a physical address, not a mailbox.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my state one of the organizers, partners, of your business can be the registered agent so I opted to be the registered agent for my business rather than pay $130-$200 to essentially just have someone else that I don't know receive legal paperwork on our behalf (in addition to phone calls, etc.). I know it's odd I've looked into it and only a few states allow it but we figured that would be best for us, at least for this year and we can change it in 2018 if we would like.

I don't think that's what they were looking for though they didn't mention our registered agent at all.

Oh and it said that the letter was from Fraud Services so maybe they're just trying to do their due diligence and ensure it's not someone else opening up the account using our information.
Message 3 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They requested:
Verification of EIN

Call them to discuss.

Verification of EIN (hopefully you have one) and verification of business address could be the same document if you can produce the letter from the IRS that you received when you applied. I use my home address for my billing address and have never had an issue. Occasionally I get questioned but I tell them it's more secure mail location, I travel often and I write off my home office expenses. Business mail to the home address goes a long way with the IRS in case you need to prove "actual" home office for business. 

Are you incorporated? Fax them a copy of your articles. If not incorporated then you have nothing to show. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just mailed them the documents they requested.

EIN
Proof of Business Address (we sent the IRS letter and the state TAX ID letter too)
As for articles of incorporation we are an Llc so they call it articles of organization and we sent them proof of that too.

If they approve us great if not it's okay tbh after seeing it offers no shield for foreign transaction fees it's kind of meh. I'll use it for the spend $3,000 get $300 bonus then after that strictly for reward categories.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase App Status Question

Matt4200 Matt4200 Established Contributor
Jan 25
Hi,

So we applied for the Chase Cash Card for Business and were given a pending message. Then received a letter from the Fraud Department requesting our business's EIN, verification of address, and paperwork.

We sent that and have been checking every day the automated line gave us the 7-10 day message. BUT we called it today and it changed to the 30 day message.

I've read on here that that is a good indicator I wanted to get your thoughts on this?

(Mod Note:  Duplicate posts have been merged into one thread; please be aware that cross-posting is against the forum TOS  --SE)

Message 6 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase App Status Question

Yes with Chase 30 day message is a good sign. I bet you will hear something in a few days instead of 30 days.

Good Luck

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the Mods - Is there a way to delete a post to prevent cross posting?
Message 8 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
To the Mods - Is there a way to delete a post to prevent cross posting?

Any member may use the "Report Inappropriate Content" function on a post, should moderator assistance or review be needed.  We are always glad to help (even if the content is not inappropriate)!  

Thank you,

SunriseEarth

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a letter back yesterday from Chase saying the documents we sent were illegible and to resend them. We resent them today.

I want to know what do you think approval odds are for this card?

700 FICO (though I've heard chase has their own internal formula for credit decisions).

2 personal cards with Chase with no lates 3 years on 1 card and 1 year on the other.

Business is new but was able to open with Amex and BOA. The main reason I app'd for this was for the $300 bonus and the extra 5% categories in comparison to the Amex SimplyCash.

What do you think approval odds are? It's not the end of the world but I did use a HP so hoping it was worth it.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.