cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink - Is my business qualified?

tag
chbartel
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Ink - Is my business qualified?

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I run a DJ business on the side and have been since 2009.  I currently use one of my personal cards to keep business expenses seperate from personal but would really like to get the Chase Ink Cash.  My only concern is my revenue/sales.  Since I do this on the side the annual sales I would report to them would be between $3,000 and $5,000.  Do you think I could get approved?  Do they have you send in any finanical statements (profit/loss, owner's equity, etc.)?

No, that is too low of an annual revenue to get approved.  99% of the INK application go for review and you will have to call and talk to a business credit analyst.  Chase has the elite of the elite business credit analyst in that section who will give you an intense grilling about your business.

I hate to be this direct but until your annual revenue improves, you have no chance really... 

reading this thread so it got me thinking.

My business is 4 years old, bring in approx $1 million in revenues each year, 250k-300k income.  Real estate sales.

My business and personal checking have been at Chase the entire time.

My only problem is, I had some serious financial issues 5 years ago when I lost about 90 investment properties I owned Smiley Sad. So my report is about as clean as it can get, multiple foreclosures in past, etc.  EVerything on report is paid now, but still just now hitting a middle personal score of 650. I should have in the mid 700's in a year.

Business credit is perfect, 11 tradelines reporting to D&B, 8 with Experian.  80 Paydex and a 90 Experian score.  I was approved for $20k BJ's mastercard with no personal guarantee and no personal credit pull.

What are chances with Ink?  Do they look only at personal scores and throw it out with all other things considered?

For the Ink, Chase will pull your personal report as you have to personally guarantee it.  Do you have 6 figures in your personal and chaecking accounts at Chase?  Have you burned Chase?  With the foreclosures, was any of the loans through Chase?

no bad accounts with Chase, actually I have 2-3 credit card accounts that were always paid on time but I closed out 8-9 years ago, although I don't remember why.

usually middle to high 5 figures on checking account.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chbartel,

What are your scores?  You only listed one.  List your scores for each bureau and how many new accounts have you applied for in the last 2 years? 

Message 12 of 18
chbartel
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel,

What are your scores?  You only listed one.  List your scores for each bureau and how many new accounts have you applied for in the last 2 years? 

Experian: 657

Transunion:644

Equifax: 626

All scores have gone up about 50 points in past 4 months.

I do have a lot of new accounts since I have been rebuilding, If you include my new car loan from 3 months ago, I have 10 new accounts in the past 16-18 months.  

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel,

I do have a lot of new accounts since I have been rebuilding, If you include my new car loan from 3 months ago, I have 10 new accounts in the past 16-18 months.  

That is alot of new accounts.  Any Chase personal cards in the mix of those new accounts?  Chase has tightened the rules that is why I am asking all these questions...

Message 14 of 18
chbartel
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel,

That is alot of new accounts.  Any Chase personal cards in the mix of those new accounts?  Chase has tightened the rules that is why I am asking all these questions...

only my Chase buiness debit and chase personal debit card, which I had been using exclusively for a few years until I started credit rebuilding a few years ago.  

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel,

only my Chase buiness debit and chase personal debit card, which I had been using exclusively for a few years until I started credit rebuilding a few years ago.  

Ok... You have a chance but if you really want it, go into the branch and have your small business banker put in an application for you. The reason being, if you do it in the branch, they are able to call lending directly and help you with the recon / answer questions regarding your business.

The business banker who is familiar with your day to day dealing will be able to back whatever you say to them while in there hence a stronger chance of approval.

Message 16 of 18
chbartel
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel,

Ok... You have a chance but if you really want it, go into the branch and have your small business banker put in an application for you. The reason being, if you do it in the branch, they are able to call lending directly and help you with the recon / answer questions regarding your business.

The business banker who is familiar with your day to day dealing will be able to back whatever you say to them while in there hence a stronger chance of approval.

k, the more I think about this, I think I may wait about 6 months, get my scores more toward 700, and stay in garden until then.  

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chbartel,

k, the more I think about this, I think I may wait about 6 months, get my scores more toward 700, and stay in garden until then.  

That is also a good idea - waiting.  the waiting will to apply will pay off in the long run.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.