Chris1

Chase Ink Plus vs Chase Ink Bold

Hi,

I do a lot of selling on eBay/Amazon (phones, electronics, etc.) and recently read a post that I can get a Chase business card to handle those transactions even though I don't have a legit business. 

I have a solid credit history with Average age of 3 years and 10 months, FICO scores of 750s across the boards, and never had any late payments or degrogatory marks.

I already have two Chase credit cards (CSP and Freedom). 

I was thinking about either the Chase Ink or Ink Plus, as others have mentioned Chase is a fairly easy company to get business cards with. 

Which Chase Ink would be easier to get, the Bold or the Ink Plus and which is a "higher tier"?

Thanks

Chris1

Re: Chase Ink Plus vs Chase Ink Bold

[ Edited ]

also forgot to mention I have 4 total inquires on my experain report (1 of those being within last 6 months--was about 13 days ago), 1 on my equifax (more than 6 months old), and 1 on transunion (more than 6 months old).

overall credit utilization is 5%

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Chris1 wrote:

Hi,

I do a lot of selling on eBay/Amazon (phones, electronics, etc.) and recently read a post that I can get a Chase business card to handle those transactions even though I don't have a legit business. 

I have a solid credit history with Average age of 3 years and 10 months, FICO scores of 750s across the boards, and never had any late payments or degrogatory marks.

I already have two Chase credit cards (CSP and Freedom). 

I was thinking about either the Chase Ink or Ink Plus, as others have mentioned Chase is a fairly easy company to get business cards with. 

Which Chase Ink would be easier to get, the Bold or the Ink Plus and which is a "higher tier"?

Thanks

You should have no issue getting either, so pick the one that will give you the most value (rewards)

I would assume you hope or you do pay in full each month so that is BOLD.

Sounds like you have good credit already, So are you looking for a Business Card to build that history and not have it reporting to personal credit other then that INQ or just better rewards?

Take a close look at the PayPal MasterCard also... it's a personal card but it has pretty good rewards with selling on ebay.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Chris1

Ijust realized it seems I have 5 Inquires on Experain in past 12 months (With two of them being recent for apps this month (both approved but havent reported to my credit report yet). Will this affect at all? And is it a good idea to apply before these new credit card accounts report to my credit report?

also I will pay In full each month as I've been doing even with my personal cards. Never have carried a balance. I want to build history but mostly want the rewards. 

so would the Ink Bold be a Visa Signature or MasterCard?

also would it be more beneficial to have the Bold vs the Ink Plus or vice versa? I just want the best of the two cards. 

Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Chris1 wrote:

Ijust realized it seems I have 5 Inquires on Experain in past 12 months (With two of them being recent for apps this month (both approved but havent reported to my credit report yet). Will this affect at all? And is it a good idea to apply before these new credit card accounts report to my credit report?

also I will pay In full each month as I've been doing even with my personal cards. Never have carried a balance. I want to build history but mostly want the rewards. 

also would it be more beneficial to have the Bold vs the Ink Plus or vice versa? I just want the best of the two cards. 

Don't sweat the inquiries, I had 14 on EX and still got my 4th Chase card. Apply now or wait, it won't matter to Chase. They ask for PG but once you have card it never reports to personal credit. 

I have Ink Bold and Ink Cash. The Bold is a World Elite MC. The Ink Cash is a regular MC (but I think they only gave me $2,000 initial limit when I opened it before the Bold, increased to $10,000 after about 6 weeks as per my request). 

If you are sure you will always PIF then the Bold is a better card. Rewards the same as Plus. Basically the only difference is Bold is a charge card and the Plus is a revolver. Both carry $95 AF waived for first year. 

By the way you do have a legit business, you are just not organized as such. I assume you report the earnings from those sales on 1040 form Schedule C and Schedule SE? Do yourself a favor and get a Employer Identification Number (EIN). It simply replaces your SSN with this number for business. Chase will ask for one if you have it. 

Chris1

scenery_guy wrote:

Chris1 wrote:

Don't sweat the inquiries, I had 14 on EX and still got my 4th Chase card. Apply now or wait, it won't matter to Chase. They ask for PG but once you have card it never reports to personal credit. 

I have Ink Bold and Ink Cash. The Bold is a World Elite MC. The Ink Cash is a regular MC (but I think they only gave me $2,000 initial limit when I opened it before the Bold, increased to $10,000 after about 6 weeks as per my request). 

If you are sure you will always PIF then the Bold is a better card. Rewards the same as Plus. Basically the only difference is Bold is a charge card and the Plus is a revolver. Both carry $95 AF waived for first year. 

By the way you do have a legit business, you are just not organized as such. I assume you report the earnings from those sales on 1040 form Schedule C and Schedule SE? Do yourself a favor and get a Employer Identification Number (EIN). It simply replaces your SSN with this number for business. Chase will ask for one if you have it. 

Thanks so much for the replies! 

And what do you mean by them asking for a "PG"? Do I have to provide them with something?

I know for a fact I'll never carry a balance. I guess it all comes down to which one looks better haha! :smileyhappy:

The Ink Bold or the Ink Plus?

Chris1

[ Edited ]

Also how often are business apps instant approvals (especially if I've had two hard INQs within last month (one from Chase one from AMEX) both approved but they haven't reported to my credit report. 

Chris1

Someone tell me which one to apply for? I'm going to apply right now

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Chris1 wrote:

Someone tell me which one to apply for? I'm going to apply right now

BOLD

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Chris1

[ Edited ]

Pulled my report one last time before hitting the submit button and saw Chase has reported my CSP :smileyindifferent:

Now total overall credit utilization is at 9% (15 Total Inquiries in 24 month period) (2 recent inquires CHASE/AMEX FEB 2013), 6 OLD inquiries (in past 12 months). 

$4,162 credit used of total available $42,100

EX FAKO 730

Should I still apply for the Ink Bold? I don't want to be declined 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+