cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Plus - what does it take to get this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Plus - what does it take to get this?

I have found a thread or two on this, but it doesn't seem beneficial to rehash a several year old thread so I'm starting a new one.

I've just applied for a Chase Ink Plus and been denied. I called the number to negotiate and they told me my credit is not re-established enough for this particular card. They also could not advise me as to what it takes exactly, so I'm looking for any detail on your experiences or advise.

My history: I filed for Ch7 a little over seven years ago, so my credit is now clean except for the actual Ch7 (which is why I was red flagged and had to call anyway). The rep acknowledged that my credit looks clean, that I've re-established credit with two cards (a $5k Barclay and a $750 Capitol One), and kept a car loan since 2012. So this is three years of credit re-establishment. However, he said this is not enough for this card. Not a word about the Ch7 being a problem, but that my re-established credit is not enough.

Not sure where to take it from here. More revolving credit? A new car loan (considering one anyway)? A line of credit? How many more years?

On a positive note, strangely enough, they are reconsidering and recommending me for the Chase Saphire Preferred that I applied for. This is fantastic, but I really want (need?) that business card for business. My current business card is the Capitol One with a $750 limit. I max this out several times weekly and have to constantly keep the payments funnelling to keep room on it. And it doesn't even have actual business benefits, as the Ink card does. Really need a business focussed card.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ink Plus - what does it take to get this?

The Ink is one of the toughest business cards to get. Have you looked at the Amex SimplyCash? Much easier to get than the Chase card. What's your EX score? And was Amex included in your BK? For that matter, was Chase included?

Message 2 of 17
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

How tough?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@too-much-time wrote:

How tough?

Tougher than the others.

Message 4 of 17
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

LOL, tougher than you?

Message 5 of 17
msm859
Established Member

Just guessing, but I would say you need a thicker file.  2 credit cars is not enough and your total credit line $5750 is not enough.  They probably want to see at least 3 or 4 cards with at least $20,000+ in credit - probably a card or 2 with a $10k limit. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX is 710, and will be higher when my balances update (they updated after a family trip on the card). No AMEX for me at this time. They were in my bk, and you know how they are. Chase was not, but WAMU was. Didn't seem to be a factor when they recommended me for the Sapphire card.

I have heard success stories with AMEX after the 10 year mark so my plan is to apply after that time. I'm wondering if Ink Cash is the way to go at this point?

Message 7 of 17
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

Included in this, what does it take to get a tax identification number for your business? I don't know the first thing about it. If you would like to tutor math, Swedish or knitting to fill some spare time and pick up $200 a month, would the IRS and Chase settle for that?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@too-much-time wrote:

Included in this, what does it take to get a tax identification number for your business? I don't know the first thing about it. If you would like to tutor math, Swedish or knitting to fill some spare time and pick up $200 a month, would the IRS and Chase settle for that?

I don't recommend getting EIN for something so small. You won't have employees so no need for this.  Not sure what you mean about IRS and Chase settlement? 
Go register your business in your county. You will be given the opportunity to make sure you're not using a business name already taken.  Using the DBA you can set up separate business bank account. It doesn't cost much.  
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tough? I got one with a hobby business that doesn't even have a business bank account.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.