Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Plus ?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Chase Ink Plus ?

So I'm a bit confused at to what just happened.  My scores are 800-810 FAKO, 0/0/1 INQ, total util less than 10% and about $200,000 total exposure, I have a couple of Chase personal cards opened a few years ago.  I decided to app for the Ink Plus b/c of the rewards, and I figured with my profile I'd be a shoe in.  Guess what ? INSTANT 7-10 day message, which turned into a 30 day message via email and over the automated line.

What the heck ? I know I'm credit profile arrogant, but seriously ? How could this possibly be a denial ? I'm afraid to call as I've seen ppl calling and getting shut down instantly.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ink Plus ?

@n777ua wrote:

So I'm a bit confused at to what just happened.  My scores are 800-810 FAKO, 0/0/1 INQ, total util less than 10% and about $200,000 total exposure, I have a couple of Chase personal cards opened a few years ago.  I decided to app for the Ink Plus b/c of the rewards, and I figured with my profile I'd be a shoe in.  Guess what ? INSTANT 7-10 day message, which turned into a 30 day message via email and over the automated line.

What the heck ? I know I'm credit profile arrogant, but seriously ? How could this possibly be a denial ? I'm afraid to call as I've seen ppl calling and getting shut down instantly.

What makes you think it's a denial?  That's a standard message when applying for the Ink+.  They never give instant approvals for the card.  No one is a shoe in for that card.  Remember it's a business credit card and they look at everything .

Message 2 of 18
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Whatever you do, wait it out. That's what I did. Approved after about 10 days or so.
Don't think just because you got 7-10 day message, it will be a denial . Keep us posted!
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied last on Sunday and got my denial letter today. Called to recon and they were all about the numbers. No luck. 

Message 4 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Be patient and monitor your app status. Having the 7-10 days does not mean a denial. Wait it out!!
Message 5 of 18
n777ua
Established Contributor

Can you be more specific please?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied last on Sunday and got my denial letter today. Called to recon and they were all about the numbers. No luck. 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@n777ua wrote:

The 7-10 days is not necessarily a denial.  Although you have an 800-810 FAKO, what are your real FICOs?  Is it in the 800s also?  Bear in mind, Chase isn't reliant on scores when approving a card but rather on their internal scores.

Do you have any Chase cards now?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see any mention of other new cards. Just making sure you know that Ink+ is under the 5/24 these days. That being said, I was approved after the 7-10 message (I think). Just wait it out. GL. 

Message 8 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

+1 with Tortoisewins...Like I said earlier post Wait it out!
Message 9 of 18
brewcrew87
Regular Contributor

I received the 30 day message as well.  My FICOs were in the 800 range with a couple of existing Chase cards.  I believe I was approved after 3 or 4 days.  I called the application status number each day for the automated message - but again, don't actually talk to anyone.  

Good luck.

Main Cards: CSR(30k), DiscoverIT(50k), Freedom(10.5k), Ink+(17k), SallieMae(17.5k), 3x BoA MLB(24k), 2x BoA BBR(16k) and probably too many other cards at this point...
Current Score:
EQ: ??? TU: 799 EX: 784 - Last Updated 2-2-17 - Last CC App 11/25/16
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.