cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Preffered - What counts as "Travel"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Preffered - What counts as "Travel"?

The title says it all.

Gas?
Flights?
Hotels?
Does anyone have a list, it would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ink Preffered - What counts as "Travel"?

@Anonymous wrote:
The title says it all.

Gas?
Flights?
Hotels?
Does anyone have a list, it would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

I'm sure gas doesn't count but flights/hotels/trains/tolls do and other types of travel.  Hers how Chase defines their categories and it is the same for any of their cards.  Last question is for travel.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/assets/page/Online_Rewards_FAQ

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, it seems like they go out of their way to exclude a lot of things. My BofA Travel Card includes anything even remotely travel related Smiley Sad .

Thanks for the link Irish
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think those exclusions are broad or unreasonable.

What would you want included that's reasonable that they exclude?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tub - Gas.

You can't really Travel without Gas. BofA includes it as Travel.

That's the main one other than that: Theme Parks, In Flight Goods (food/wi-fi) which for some reason Chase Excludes.

That's about it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas I wouldn't particularly say is travel. I agree it could go either way. But driving to work or to the mall is not "travel" as these cards mean it. They mean going on vacation and renting a car or hotel or whatever. I agree they COULD include it but don't think it's a big deal - I'll admit it would be nice if they did.

Theme parks I also don't think is travel at all - plus, what is your annual expenditure on theme parks?

I'll agree 100% on the in flight stuff. I'm not sure what their reason for that might be - but the rest I get why they'd exclude.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm only basing what I think should be considered as Travel based on what BofA counts it as.

But If it's not considered Travel they should create a separate category for it because it's a big expense. I usually end up buying a gas station gift card at Office Supply stores earning the 5% UR via the Chase Ink Cash, but it's a hassle to go out of the way to do that.

I just think it would be nice, they'd get more use out of me Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.