tag
JoeBanks

Chase Ink Problem

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Problem

You may have better luck in the business credit forum, but: I believe most business credit cards are approved off of third party credit reports (similar to the way a lot of auto insurance pulls lexis-nexus). They may be pulling a third party report that is derived from eq data, but not pulling directly from eq.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 12
JoeBanks

The Chase Ink card is based solely off of personal credit...

The Chase Ink card is based solely off of personal credit as it is personally guaranteed. For this particular card, Chase uses the same credit system that it uses for all consumer cards. Atleast that is what Chase told me. 

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

That is exhausting...  When you call in are you speaking with a business Customer Service Agent, or a Fraud Alert Department or Analyst?

The plus side to this ink vs. the Spark is that Spark will report to your personal credit every month and this ink will only report if you are delinquent. 

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

You may have better luck in the business credit forum, but: I believe most business credit cards are approved off of third party credit reports (similar to the way a lot of auto insurance pulls lexis-nexus). They may be pulling a third party report that is derived from eq data, but not pulling directly from eq.

Little unsure with the wording of "3rd party".

We still only have TU, EQ, EX... scores you have many different versions that each of those companies might offer (Vantage, Fico, etc.) and then you have Fico and Auto Enhanced Fico and spiffy computers that take an EX and do all sorts of things we can't always figure out (Amex) but they always start with a credit report from the major 3.

Message 5 of 12
JoeBanks

Creditaddict- 

Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JoeBanks wrote:

Creditaddict- 

When I call in I am calling the direct number for the credit analyst department for the Ink card. Exhausting is a very good way to describe how I feel. I tried to get this done quickly as I am balancing so much right now with business picking up and traveling, etc. It is just frustrating that I did my part and now there is no result. Regarding the Spark card, I do dislike that it reports to personal credit. That is the one thing that really turns me off about it but I kind of have a sour taste about Chase right now. 

If you can get Spark Cash plus or what ever it is with full 2% with no limits and changing tiers or what not is fabulous if you can take on the account on personal.

otherwise maybe amex?

otherwise maybe just apply for another chase ink card!

might take a HP again but just maybe it would either get you a new report to use for both apps or might just decline out no pull because you just applied or maybe approved and then go back to the other card in a week or so and see if you can get it approved now too! haha

good luck

Message 7 of 12
JoeBanks

Message 8 of 12
djrez4
Established Contributor

@JoeBanks wrote:

I don't get it.  What's the problem?

Message 9 of 12
Project17
New Contributor

I believe citi does factor in your business credit if you have any and they do a blended report of personal and credit and then score you .. Other wise most could care less about your business credit just your personal

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.