Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink Sign up bonuses

tag
30sClub
Valued Member

Chase Ink Sign up bonuses

Is it possible to close the Ink plus account and keep the signup bonus after you attained the purchased limit? About how long would I be able to sign up for Chase Ink Cash? I did spoke with a CSR about this, and he mentioned it being after six months. Is this true?

Starting Score: 746
Current Score: 746
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Sign up bonuses

As long as those points have been transferred elsewhere yes 

CSP...FF, partner program etc etc 

But if closing an account with points still there ..........no no no .......= gone points 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

You could but you shouldn't. It's fee free for the first year so it's no harm to let it stay active. In fact keeping it open and active should help for the Ink Cash. Closing it now might indicate you are just getting the cards for the bonus. Having the Plus still open would allow you the opportunity to move credit to the new card if needed. You never know with Chase. 

Yes, wait 6 months before applying for the other card. I have had three different Ink products at the same time and it was not an issue. 

Message 3 of 10
30sClub
Valued Member

@scenery_guy wrote:

You could but you shouldn't. It's fee free for the first year so it's no harm to let it stay active. In fact keeping it open and active should help for the Ink Cash. Closing it now might indicate you are just getting the cards for the bonus. Having the Plus still open would allow you the opportunity to move credit to the new card if needed. You never know with Chase. 

Yes, wait 6 months before applying for the other card. I have had three different Ink products at the same time and it was not an issue. 

Oh three at once! Were they for the same EIN? Did you get the signup bonuses for all three Ink products?

Message 4 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@30sClub wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Oh three at once! Were they for the same EIN? Did you get the signup bonuses for all three Ink products?

Yes he did get all 3 bonuses and if I'm not mistaken all 3 were open until recently when he closed 2 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@30sClub wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Yes same EIN. Got bonuses on all three. I got my first, the Cash, shortly after moving my business banking from BofA. Suggested by my Chase banker at the time. Waited about 5 months and applied for the Bold and got it no questions asked. Got the Plus during last year's Small Business Week promo with the 60K bonus. 

I closed the Cash card after about a year and moved all but $500 of the line to my Plus (based on wanting a larger line on the card because I use it a lot and have 3 AU cards for employees). I could have asked for a CLI but decided I did not want the HP. I closed the Bold a few months ago because we were not using it a lot and no need for 2 fee cards from Chase. I missed the AF posting by a month but they refunded it to me when closing without me having to ask - nice touch. I seriously considered closing the Plus not the Cash but in the end the Lounge Club access and no FTF made up my mind. The Plus customer service seems faster than the Cash but that's just based on a few calls to both. 

Message 6 of 10
30sClub
Valued Member

@scenery_guy wrote:

@30sClub wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Yes same EIN. Got bonuses on all three. I got my first, the Cash, shortly after moving my business banking from BofA. Suggested by my Chase banker at the time. Waited about 5 months and applied for the Bold and got it no questions asked. Got the Plus during last year's Small Business Week promo with the 60K bonus. 

I closed the Cash card after about a year and moved all but $500 of the line to my Plus (based on wanting a larger line on the card because I use it a lot and have 3 AU cards for employees). I could have asked for a CLI but decided I did not want the HP. I closed the Bold a few months ago because we were not using it a lot and no need for 2 fee cards from Chase. I missed the AF posting by a month but they refunded it to me when closing without me having to ask - nice touch. I seriously considered closing the Plus not the Cash but in the end the Lounge Club access and no FTF made up my mind. The Plus customer service seems faster than the Cash but that's just based on a few calls to both. 

Good to know it works. Wouldn't the HP would be for the business side, why wouldn't you want it?

Message 7 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@30sClub wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

@30sClub wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Good to know it works. Wouldn't the HP would be for the business side, why wouldn't you want it?

All CLI requests with Chase result in a HP on your personal report even for business cards. Basically because of the PG nature of the card. I don't think they will do a CLI of any importance without a HP. 

Message 8 of 10
30sClub
Valued Member

PG? I've seen that acroynm floating around but yet to know what it stands for?

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@30sClub wrote:

PG? I've seen that acroynm floating around but yet to know what it stands for?

PG = personal guarantor ...Personal guarantee depending on who you ask

but basically means no matter what happens with the business you'll be responsible to pay the amount back 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.